Switch to Forum Live View Looking for a safe place to land
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 2:05PM #1
Jbabe
Hello all!  I just joined - my patrner has been using this site for a while, and has just recently gotten back to it.  She was telling me about it and reading the supportive replies she has received frome her cyber circle, so I (finally) deicded to give it a shot myself.  
What to say about mself?  Where to begin?  Well, I guess I should say that I have come from a very horriific and traumatic past, but am pleased to be walking on the path and journey to my healing. I  am 32 years old, have my degree in Nursing, but am currently on disability, as my past came up to bite me in the butt not long after i graduated university and began working. I have been hospitalized too many times to count for everything from sucidie attempts, self harm, depression to anxiety and utter hoplesslness.  
However, I have recently decided to try and get  back to my roots so to speak (though, as I write this, I am not really sure where my roots lie) and, am hoping that this site will give me the strength to return to the path that I have been strayed from for the past year or so.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 8:56AM #2
christine3

Jun 17, 2012 -- 2:05PM, Jbabe wrote:

Hello all!  I just joined - my patrner has been using this site for a while, and has just recently gotten back to it.  She was telling me about it and reading the supportive replies she has received frome her cyber circle, so I (finally) deicded to give it a shot myself.  
What to say about mself?  Where to begin?  Well, I guess I should say that I have come from a very horriific and traumatic past, but am pleased to be walking on the path and journey to my healing. I  am 32 years old, have my degree in Nursing, but am currently on disability, as my past came up to bite me in the butt not long after i graduated university and began working. I have been hospitalized too many times to count for everything from sucidie attempts, self harm, depression to anxiety and utter hoplesslness.  
However, I have recently decided to try and get  back to my roots so to speak (though, as I write this, I am not really sure where my roots lie) and, am hoping that this site will give me the strength to return to the path that I have been strayed from for the past year or so.

Welcome Jbabe,

We all get along here for better or worse!  :)  I wanted to be a nurse once, but never carried it through.  Did take some of the course work.  Ended up being a medical transcriber and violin teacher!  You have had your share of troubles.  I hope everyday gets better and better!

Christine

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 3:10AM #3
Jbabe

Thanks Christine for welcoming me!  I am also wondering if anybody on here would like to to read and share poetry.  I actually have a whole book of poetry that i have written (and am trying to get a grant so that I can be published) and would love to be able to post some of my poetry and get feedback on it.  I entered a poetry contest online via Facebook, and am a semi-finalist........also they are publishig 3 of my poems in their book called Stars In Our Hearts, which is really exciting for me. The names of the poems are  Forever Friends, Memories Of Mom, and  A Childs Wings.  This is one:

A Child's Wings

There is something so precious when a child get their wings

With all the never ending possibilities that brings

Everyone steps back to watch the first flight

Holds back the tears and watches with delight

And we all hope and pray

That somewhere along the way

We have taught the child what he needs

And has all the tools to plant his own seeds

For each child goes through this milestone

That  very special day when they have grown

When they have become little people in themselves

And we just pray that in their heart, we will dwell

For on the day of their first flight

We send out a plea, a hope, a might

That this child will remain in God's arms

And he will be sheltered from all of life's harms

Because even though they have taken flight

That does not mark the end  of a parents fight

To give their child everything he could ever need

And allow him to be prepared for the lead

It is with happy eyes that we watch this take place

And bask in the glory of Gods grace

For our children are precious and we hold them dear

Even those times when we cannot hold them near

Any feedback, reviews or comments would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks for reading. 

Jbabe

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook