Switch to Forum Live View New to the forum, less so to forums at large...
2 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 4:54AM #1
Caleb.fuller
Hello, all - as my name indicates, my name's Caleb. Some of you may get to know me as an annoyance, others hard headed, and some as a down right ig-no-ra-moose. Hopefully, most of you will enjoy my company. I'm a devout Christian, born as much or more out of dedication and love of Platonic philosophy as the Scripture's themselves. I chose my path years ago, in the pages of a book by CS Lewis, and out of those pages grew a passionate love affair with philosophy at large.

I respect the writings and reasonings of many western philosophers, but will gladly admit a mild distaste for many of our eastern brothers' trains of thought. I know enough to discuss either, and will gladly read to learn more of either.

I do not quote Biblical passages overmuch during posts, as this is meaningless to persuade a non-believer, and personally I like using forums such as this as much for the intellectual challenge more than anything else. When arguments get personal, you have crossed a line - and simply because someone disagrees with me, does not make them a fool.

Oh, and one more thing. I cannot abide blatant fallacy, in my own thoughts or anothers. If you post something that does not stand in accordance with the major principles of western philosophy (Laws of Causality, Non-Contradiction, etc), I will probably tell you so. Passionately. It is not personal, I promise. And it is not because of internet anonymity. I would do so in person as well.

Anyways, I hope nobody hates me too much, and I hope even more to make a few internet friends while I'm here. Happy posting ^_^

-Caleb
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 11:06AM #2
christine3

Welcome Caleb! See you around the boards.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook