Switch to Forum Live View Love haiku and photography
3 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 8:48PM #1
renawomyn
My love of the haiku form of poetry and photography have lead me to combine the two on a blog.  If anyone is interested in insightful, fun photography and haiku let me know and I will send a link to you.  I would love to converse with others who enjoy similar types of creativity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 6:24PM #2
christine3

Hi Renawomyn, Welcome!

I love poetry too, but am not familiar with Haiku.  I just read some at Wikipedia.  It is rhythmed verse? I'd like to see an example of that.  

A book which was my steady companion for years was Tao Te Ching, translated by Gia-Fu Feng and Jane English.  It is so beautiful.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 8:11PM #3
renawomyn

I also read and loved the Tao te Ching.  Additionally studied Taoism in college along with many other world religions.  Still do as a matter of fact.

Haiku does not rhyme.  The form I use is a 5-7-5 form.  Basically five syllables, seven syllables and then five syllables.

If you would like to see a sample of what I do with this form and the photos you can visit my blog at fivesevenfivepage.blogspot.com

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 11:21PM #4
christine3

Feb 18, 2012 -- 8:11PM, renawomyn wrote:

I also read and loved the Tao te Ching.  Additionally studied Taoism in college along with many other world religions.  Still do as a matter of fact.

Haiku does not rhyme.  The form I use is a 5-7-5 form.  Basically five syllables, seven syllables and then five syllables.

If you would like to see a sample of what I do with this form and the photos you can visit my blog at fivesevenfivepage.blogspot.com

Oh, those are beautiful!  My daughter is an artist; I'll share the page with her.  I can relate to this...very much listening for the voice and words of nature.  Did you do the poetry as well as the photography?  Beautiful!

I am very happy to have met you.  I study world religions also.  Your art form must be very old because there is ancient divination in it.  The kind of divination I do works with the structure of the universe.  The 5-7-5 beat pattern is found in digital (on the fingers) divination.  I have been researching ancient divination techniques for the last 14 years.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 1:21PM #5
renawomyn

Thank you for your kind words.  Yes, I do both the photography and the haikus.  I do believe that my studies inform my work. 

Your studies also sound facsincating.  I find that I even think in the 5-7-5 form without realizing it unless I consciously think about it.

I look forward to futher conversations.

Please feel free to share the blog with anyone you think would enjoy or benefit from my work.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 1:30PM #6
christine3

Feb 19, 2012 -- 1:21PM, renawomyn wrote:

Thank you for your kind words.  Yes, I do both the photography and the haikus.  I do believe that my studies inform my work. 

Your studies also sound facsincating.  I find that I even think in the 5-7-5 form without realizing it unless I consciously think about it.

I look forward to futher conversations.

Please feel free to share the blog with anyone you think would enjoy or benefit from my work.

I will. Now about the haikus, have you traced back historically and have any ideas on where they originated from, I mean, originated in Japan or another culture?  Did they arise from a priesthood or monks?  When you say you think in 5-7-5 pattern, this is something very deep.  If people started thinking this way it would change consciousness as we know it on the planet.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook