Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Waves to Pretty Eyes! Can't reply!!!
10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 5:21PM #1
sfatula2000
Ok, deal.

Just so you know if I'm slow getting back to you when you return, that's when I'll be starting Finals week.

sfatula
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 4:46PM #2
moody45
Big hug to you. I'm going to scotland for a week on sunday, but i'll make sure we catch up after that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 2:34AM #3
moody45
If you can read this, i've been trying to track you down for years!......lol
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 12:21PM #4
moody45
community@beliefnetstaff.com
There you go.

So you're my friend without an 'H'?..........only pretty eyes would get that!..........lol
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 2:50PM #5
sfatula2000
*sigh* I had typed a nice long reply, then BNet’s database had a fit and ate the post without posting it!  This time, I’m putting it in my word processor before sending it, so I don’t lost it again.

Let's see, now what did I say? Oh yeah:

I'm your friend without the "H".  The other person that responded must have that nickname IRL, but about 5 years ago I had it on BNet for a specific reason, and was initially meant to be used on specific boards.

Please go here to read the short, public version of why I disappeared for 5 years: http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/s … =42&page=5  There are two posts that pretty well explain what happened.  As if those reasons weren't enough, my computer died 3 times before I wasn't allowed to rebuild it again.  The first time was because a big power surge bordering on an electrical fire took out my surge protector and fried the PC's power supply, the second one was when the motherboard went bad and I replaced it with a newer, better one, and then the hard drive and the BIOS chips died (I think because the ex was a very heavy smoker).

Now, I'm in a much better situation living by myself with my therapy cat in my own apartment, I have a large support network of caring people, a car again, and I'm back in school for a Social Work degree with a brand new, suped-up laptop that was given to me for school.

Oh yeah, I also mentioned (in the lost post) that when I first got back on BNet, I had a difficult time remembering which passwords corresponded to which email addy's I used at that time (I couldn't remember the syntax of a couple of them), and the first one I got right logged me in as Maude!  Remembering a certain incident involving a dress, I wasn't sure I wanted to reaquaint myself with my old friends under that id!

I don't have internet access at home, but the public library is 2 blocks away and has free WiFi, as does my school.  That means that even though I won't be online as much over the summer (Finals are in 2 weeks), I will stop in at the library a couple of times a week.  Please email me at sfatula2000@yahoo.com so we can catch up on the stuff I don't want to say openly.

I missed you, my friend.  You have no idea how happy I am to have reconnected with you.

sfatula
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 2:51PM #6
sfatula2000
Yay! Whoo Hoo! It finally posted this time!
*dances around and throws confetti in the air*
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2008 - 3:12PM #7
sfatula2000
Black Panther,

Your dojo name? *ears perk* Which Art do you practice?  What's your rank?

If you read the post I provided the url to, you know I was in Tae Kwon Do.  I was 4th Geup, or blue belt.

sfatula
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 4:40PM #8
sfatula2000
*bows to Black Panther*

Very cool.  My dojang was registered with the World Tae Kwon Do Federation (WTF), although we did International Tae Kwon Do (ITF) forms.  It was a little weird interacting with people from strict WTF or ITF dojangs, but it didn't stop me from getting a reputation as one of the ladies with an "appetite for destruction" when it came to self-defense.  (I never hurt anyone, although I had a couple of close calls when my self-defense partner didn't follow instructions - like my green belt testing, when I told my partner "You will go down.  When you're down, STAY DOWN!")

sfatula
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook