Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Waves to Pretty Eyes! Can't reply!!!
7 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 5:21PM #1
sfatula2000
Ok, deal.

Just so you know if I'm slow getting back to you when you return, that's when I'll be starting Finals week.

sfatula
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 4:46PM #2
moody45
Big hug to you. I'm going to scotland for a week on sunday, but i'll make sure we catch up after that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 2:34AM #3
moody45
If you can read this, i've been trying to track you down for years!......lol
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 12:21PM #4
moody45
community@beliefnetstaff.com
There you go.

So you're my friend without an 'H'?..........only pretty eyes would get that!..........lol
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 2:50PM #5
sfatula2000
*sigh* I had typed a nice long reply, then BNet’s database had a fit and ate the post without posting it!  This time, I’m putting it in my word processor before sending it, so I don’t lost it again.

Let's see, now what did I say? Oh yeah:

I'm your friend without the "H".  The other person that responded must have that nickname IRL, but about 5 years ago I had it on BNet for a specific reason, and was initially meant to be used on specific boards.

Please go here to read the short, public version of why I disappeared for 5 years: http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/s … =42&page=5  There are two posts that pretty well explain what happened.  As if those reasons weren't enough, my computer died 3 times before I wasn't allowed to rebuild it again.  The first time was because a big power surge bordering on an electrical fire took out my surge protector and fried the PC's power supply, the second one was when the motherboard went bad and I replaced it with a newer, better one, and then the hard drive and the BIOS chips died (I think because the ex was a very heavy smoker).

Now, I'm in a much better situation living by myself with my therapy cat in my own apartment, I have a large support network of caring people, a car again, and I'm back in school for a Social Work degree with a brand new, suped-up laptop that was given to me for school.

Oh yeah, I also mentioned (in the lost post) that when I first got back on BNet, I had a difficult time remembering which passwords corresponded to which email addy's I used at that time (I couldn't remember the syntax of a couple of them), and the first one I got right logged me in as Maude!  Remembering a certain incident involving a dress, I wasn't sure I wanted to reaquaint myself with my old friends under that id!

I don't have internet access at home, but the public library is 2 blocks away and has free WiFi, as does my school.  That means that even though I won't be online as much over the summer (Finals are in 2 weeks), I will stop in at the library a couple of times a week.  Please email me at sfatula2000@yahoo.com so we can catch up on the stuff I don't want to say openly.

I missed you, my friend.  You have no idea how happy I am to have reconnected with you.

sfatula
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 2:51PM #6
sfatula2000
Yay! Whoo Hoo! It finally posted this time!
*dances around and throws confetti in the air*
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2008 - 3:12PM #7
sfatula2000
Black Panther,

Your dojo name? *ears perk* Which Art do you practice?  What's your rank?

If you read the post I provided the url to, you know I was in Tae Kwon Do.  I was 4th Geup, or blue belt.

sfatula
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 4:40PM #8
sfatula2000
*bows to Black Panther*

Very cool.  My dojang was registered with the World Tae Kwon Do Federation (WTF), although we did International Tae Kwon Do (ITF) forms.  It was a little weird interacting with people from strict WTF or ITF dojangs, but it didn't stop me from getting a reputation as one of the ladies with an "appetite for destruction" when it came to self-defense.  (I never hurt anyone, although I had a couple of close calls when my self-defense partner didn't follow instructions - like my green belt testing, when I told my partner "You will go down.  When you're down, STAY DOWN!")

sfatula
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook