Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 5:59PM #1
JudeV3
I can't figure this system out. What's a "Feed"? And why is there is description as to what it is? Why do they just assume we know what it is? I've never heard of a "Feed" and I've been to many forums from other sites.

Why can't I find a link to my posts in my profile? Why is there no link or list to my posts and threads?  I did what one host said, but only found the posts in this forum.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 6:13PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess

DAH54 wrote:

Just like in the old Beliefnet you can find your post when you are in the forums area, by clicking on your name. You'll see a menu and the center option "Find all post by...." will display your post. It will also display other members post if you click on there name. Hope that helps.

Hee!  That's the problem, I think, DAH.  Have you looked to see how many times you and I have each posted?  :eek:  I don't think I am ready to go through that list!   :D

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 6:18PM #3
JudeV3
[QUOTE=DAH54;11081]Just like in the old Beliefnet you can find your post when you are in the forums area, by clicking on your name. You'll see a menu and the center option "Find all post by...." will display your post. It will also display other members post if you click on there name. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

I did, and saw no such thing. There is no "Find all post by." And when I clicked on my "Feeds," whatever that is, it didn't take me to my other posts. Now they're lost forever.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 6:44PM #4
Sacrificialgoddess

DAH54 wrote:

You've not read my journal, have you? The answer you seek is there.

Basically click on User CP , then "Edit Options" find the section labeled          "Messaging & Notification" change the last setting to something other than "Do Not Subscribe" for you I would suggest no e-mail notification, unless you have a big inbox. Click save. Now go post on a few of my boards. Then click on User CP and you should have a list of threads that have answers. So anytime you want to find who has replied to you it's as far away as the User CP button. There is pictures in my journal of how to do this? :)

I did that.  :)  But I am still a blabbermouth!  :D

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 6:58PM #5
Sacrificialgoddess
Eh, I have just decided to walk through the boards.  I will eventually make it back to the threads I have hit.  I just need to be methodical!  :D

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 7:19PM #6
JudeV3
I want to find my posts, but I am expected to find my posts by clicking on my name in my post. But that begs the question: how do I find my posts? That's the very nature of my question. So I have to come here everytime just to find my name so I can find my other posts? Whatever.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 7:21PM #7
JudeV3
Despite this problem, I like all the other features.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 5:44AM #8
JudeVerse3
[QUOTE=DAH54;11081]Just like in the old Beliefnet you can find your post when you are in the forums area, by clicking on your name. You'll see a menu and the center option "Find all post by...." will display your post. It will also display other members post if you click on there name. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

But what if I don't want to post in a thread - to see my name-- to find my other posts? That kind of betrays the whole purpose? There should be a normal button in my profile to click on in order to find my other posts. I shouldn't have to circumnavigate all over this website to find a random thread to make a post so I can click on my name to find all my other posts. I don't understand the logic or mentality of the person (s) who designed this site?

Also, why is there no explanation anywhere in my profile explaining or showing how I can make a signature to my posts?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 5:46AM #9
JudeVerse3
[QUOTE=DAH54;11131]You've not read my journal, have you? The answer you seek is there.

Basically click on User CP , then "Edit Options" find the section labeled          "Messaging & Notification" change the last setting to something other than "Do Not Subscribe" for you I would suggest no e-mail notification, unless you have a big inbox. Click save. Now go post on a few of my boards. Then click on User CP and you should have a list of threads that have answers. So anytime you want to find who has replied to you it's as far away as the User CP button. There is pictures in my journal of how to do this? :)[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. That's just too damn confusing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 5:56AM #10
moody45
Hi Jude, could you take your questions here please, click me
This board is not monitored by tech staff.
Cheers
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook