Switch to Forum Live View Greetings from a newbie
2 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2011 - 8:09AM #1
Arsinoe
Greetings all!  I am excited about becoming a member of this community.  There is a lot to learn here!

So, a little about me.

Disclaimer: I am Wiccan.  Yes, one of those.  If that weren't bad enough, I'm High Priestess of a large (by Wiccan standards) coven in the metro Atlanta area.  No, I did not just read a book and proclaim myself to be august.  I worked hard, studied, and earned this position.  It takes more to be a spiritual leader than reading a few books.  Being the leader of a group means that person has to have the financial, emotional, spiritual, and mundane wherewithal to meet a stranger, teach them things they need to know, guide them through initiation, and beyond.  And still be able to wipe noses, dry tears, and sometimes kick a few butts.  Walking the Path with someone is not for the faint of heart.  Nor is it for someone who is in it for the ego boost.  That's a guaranteed way to invite a lightning strike.

OK, that's out of the way.  Honesty up front.

I have a scientific background, a BS Degree in Geology, with minors in Physics and Mathematics. While not of genius level, I have more than cotton between my ears.  I am ever seeking Truth in all its aspects. I believe there are many things we practice that could be called "magic" that can be explained by science.  Then again, I also believe that there are many things that can't.  Science is still catching up.  The study of the mind and consciousness are, I think, avenues to finding that Truth.

On a more personal note, I knit.  A lot.  Yeah, I know.  Crazy!  My poor husband is continually trying to corral all my string, which is very similar to herding cats.  So far, he has done an admirable job, but yarn, like guitars, tends to accumulate and breed.

Speaking of guitars, we have 10.  My husband plays more than I do, and he's darned good at it.  Me, I piddle around on the guitar mostly.  I get up in front of people every once in a while, when I have a darned good reason, like if someone chases me.  Other than that, my poor PRS gathers dust.

I hunt wild mushrooms.  My family makes me eat them first to make sure they aren't poison.  If I haven't been rushed to the emergency room within 3 days, they'll eat what I pick.  I also pick and eat wild foods.  My poor coven-mates have been on the receiving end of some of my culinary "wonders" at our Sabbat feasts.  Not all of them were disasters...

I have a rabbit for a pet.  No, not dust bunnies (though I have those, too), a real one.  She's quite entertaining, so I will probably bore you senseless with her antics.  Like the time she stole a cheese stick out of my mouth...O!  and she loves ham sandwiches, too.  Beware carnivorous rabbits...as my husband can attest (that's another story - ask sometime).

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2011 - 5:24PM #2
Lowerarchy

Hi mate

You sound really interesting. I think we may have plenty in common...

Look forward to chatting.

Dave

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook