Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Pause Switch to Standard View Obituaries - random Thoughts and...
Show More
Flag teilhard June 3, 2012 11:13 PM EDT

(A) One my Professors -- Dr. John Brantner, University of Minnesota Medical School, Psychiatry -- was one of the first Teachers in the then new Field of "Thanatology" ... He used to assign his Students the Task of writing their own (imagined) Obituary ... NONE of them ever just "died" ... They were KILLED -- in a Plane Crash, shot by a jealous Husband, killed in a tragic heroic Attempt to save another Person from Drowning, etc. ...

(B) He further wryly observed that he knew that he had passed a significant Life Marker when he realized that he now knew more People who were dead than who were alive ... 

(C) I (presently Age 63) started reading the Daily Obituaries faithfully some Years ago ... and indeed I now find more People my own Age, Classmates, former Co-Workers, etc. ...

(D) I continue to find it both intriguing and remarkable that People in my Community (Twin Cities of Minnesota) consistently die in Alphabetical Order ... !!!  (Does this happen in YOUR Community also ... ???)

(E) Nearly EVERYBODY dies " ... following a COURAGEOUS Battle with [ ........] ... " ... Personally, I am relatively a COWARD about such Fights ... One of my Good Buddies and I recently were discussing that an HONEST Obituary for either one of us would announce that ... " ... HE succumbed following a lengthy Battle with his BODY ... " ...

Flag teilhard June 11, 2012 11:59 PM EDT

So ...

If you were to write your own suggested Obituary, what would it be ... ???

I want MINE to say, "We were WRONG ... !!!  He's  STILL  ALIVE  after all ... !!!"

Flag teilhard June 14, 2012 3:27 PM EDT

Or ...

"He died with a Sound Mind and in Perfect Health at the Age of 157 ... In Fact, his Body was SO healthy that, at Autopsy, they had to beat his Liver to Death with a Stick ..."

Jun 11, 2012 -- 11:59PM, teilhard wrote:

So ...

If you were to write your own suggested Obituary, what would it be ... ???

I want MINE to say, "We were WRONG ... !!!  He's  STILL  ALIVE  after all ... !!!"

Flag teilhard June 15, 2012 7:35 PM EDT

Hello ... ???

Is anyone else out there under the Impression that (s)he will DIE some Day or Morning or Afternoon or Night ... ???

Flag Redbaron June 16, 2012 11:32 AM EDT

I kinda like the "shot by jealous husband" thing. 

I'm just as glad I won't be around to read mine, which would likely include the line "shot down by a beagle on a flying doghouse."

Flag teilhard June 16, 2012 10:34 PM EDT

LOL ...

"Bless you, Red Baron ..."

Jun 16, 2012 -- 11:32AM, Redbaron wrote:

I kinda like the "shot by jealous husband" thing. 

I'm just as glad I won't be around to read mine, which would likely include the line "shot down by a beagle on a flying doghouse."

Flag teilhard June 20, 2012 9:05 PM EDT

People like to READ an Obituary as long as it is about *someone*ELSE* ...

Flag teilhard July 13, 2012 5:33 PM EDT

Apparently MOST BeliefNet Readers/Lurkers expect that in THEIR Cases an Exception can and will be made ... ???

Flag klm October 16, 2012 5:22 PM EDT

Id like not so much an obit but an article in the newspaper saying the police had to close the street because of the number of mourners.    That I, over the years gave thousands to charity, was loved by the neighborhood, had studiedi at a couple of leading universities and with the Dalai Llama, developed promising leads on cancer cures,  was the exwife Johnny Debb, Brad Pitt and some other leading celebrities.  One of her greatest accomplishments was her success in reasoning with the head of the Talibon who layed down their weapons after a meeting with her.  She along with the worlds most interesting man ( who she knew personally) was the worlds most interesting women.    She will go down in history 

Flag klm October 16, 2012 5:35 PM EDT

I left something out.        The American Academy of Plastic Surgeons asked her to pose for a poster showing what a womens body should look like (LOL), Prince Phillip asked her to knight him and both the repulican and democrates actively pursued her to run for office in any spot she chose.    The newspaper regrets they don't have any more space to go on but will continue in tomorrows addition.   

Flag Redbaron October 17, 2012 5:25 PM EDT

Now that you mention leaving things out, I realize I left one out too...  "Was said to be able to leap tall buildings at a single bound..."

Flag teilhard October 19, 2012 10:51 PM EDT

Also add ... Carried on a long-term Affair with one "Fr. Teilhard," whom she met on The Internet ...

Oct 16, 2012 -- 5:35PM, klm wrote:

I left something out.        The American Academy of Plastic Surgeons asked her to pose for a poster showing what a womens body should look like (LOL), Prince Phillip asked her to knight him and both the repulican and democrates actively pursued her to run for office in any spot she chose.    The newspaper regrets they don't have any more space to go on but will continue in tomorrows addition.   

Flag klm October 21, 2012 9:34 PM EDT

Oct 19, 2012 -- 10:51PM, teilhard wrote:

Also add ... Carried on a long-term Affair with one "Fr. Teilhard," whom she met on The Internet ...

Oct 16, 2012 -- 5:35PM, klm wrote:

lol

Flag Stardove October 24, 2012 11:35 AM EDT

My 81 year old mother says she want her tombstone to say, "Gene, I told you I was sick".  Dad turns 91 in December.  I know this is not an obit, but forum needed a bump.  Wink

Flag teilhard November 7, 2012 3:11 PM EST

I'm officiating a Memorial Service today for a sweet Lady who died at age 103 ...

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook