Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View What Does Valentines Day Mean You?
6 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2012 - 6:49PM #21
jane2

Most Valentine's days my husband would fix a dinner of bright red steamed lobsters--our favorite "fruit". He did the melted butter, too.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2012 - 7:51PM #22
Svetlana

Feb 14, 2012 -- 11:13AM, Ken wrote:

Feb 14, 2012 -- 8:55AM, lulu2 wrote:

What if anything does Valentines Day mean in your house, life ,or world? 

Nothing. Most years it escapes my attention entirely.

How in the world do you manage to avoid all that PINK all over the place?????  Maybe it's appropriate that the setting for all the sugary goop is the color of Pepto-Bismal.  Yech.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2012 - 7:53PM #23
Stardove

Moved from the Hot Topic Zone. 

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2012 - 7:56PM #24
Svetlana

Feb 14, 2012 -- 2:08PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Feb 14, 2012 -- 11:29AM, Ironhold wrote:

Haven't had a date since 2005.

Thanks to the economy forcing me into a much lower-paying, less-prestigious job, I'll probably never have a date again since I don't have wads of cash to be flashing around.

Listen to an older guy who has been around a bit, and know this to be true:

Women for whom those things are that important aren't worth your time to begin with.

I love what I do, and I'm good at it.

But I've never cracked the $30K a year barrier with my salary.

And I am married to an extremely intelligent, beautiful, sexy, caring, strong, brave, patient, kind, passionate, fascinating, trustworthy, honest-to-god woman -- who is better than I deserve. I am, without a doubt, the luckiest sonofabitch that I know.

Don't give up. 

Exactly, Iron.  You, yourself, all by yourself, are worth the love of a good woman, and you will have that love one day.  Any woman who needs you to have ANY cash is beneath you.  Pity her and walk away.  

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2012 - 8:02PM #25
Iwantamotto

It means a day of politely taking the cards and the flowers and the candy.  I get the sniffles with flowers, I despise candy with every fiber of my being, and I'm single.  It's not that I gave up (haven't been on a date since High School and I'm 34).  I just like being single nowadays.  When my family passes away or moves away, I'll take on someone else.  Otherwise, my schedule's filled up.

I don't resent the holiday.  It's not like I buy the snarky anti-Valentine's stuff.  I just feel so awkward when I'm lumped into the same group of lovey-doveys.  I'm glad y'all have relationships.  I don't have one and don't feel a pressing need to.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2012 - 8:58AM #26
Bouncybaby

It's just another day. We really never did celebrate Valentine's Day and I don't know anyone who really does.  But I believe it's just another way for stores to make money.  

The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook