Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Are you payng attention to whats happening with our economy our political enviroment? Suggestions?
3 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2012 - 12:54PM #11
KIND6004

So many are saying the seniors who always turn out to vote will be determining who will win this new presidential election. But if its like my church members who have the nerve to say that if you are not voting republican you are not a christian, then we are in trouble. Maybe the result of our next president elect will determine if we have a chance as a country to be around much longer. The rich dont want to pay their fair share of taxes, and the republicans who are poor to middle class, are helping the rich to acquire the continuation of their list of ways to keep from paying, while they want to raise the taxes of the middle to poor class, with less tax deductions that we are able to use. Several times this year the republicans didnt want to fund our federal government but many seem to see governmental employees as an enemy they live in our cities, pay into the infrastructure of our states and cities, buy homes, have children, but some way, most people are completely satisfied that the only high paying jobs should leave their towns cities, and states, substituting low ammounts of benefits as well as two jobs versus one job just to make ends meet. Just because as a senior you have been able to retire on your SSA OR 401k benefits, with the stock market fluxuations in todays market the fact that the republicans are suggesting letting the monies the younger workers pay into FICA be allowed to be used as they see fit paying into stocks. Never mind that lots of people lost their lifes savings in the fluxuations the market took in the past four to five years. Its the biggest propaganda line the republicans have been pitching. And how is it that americans are being brainwashed into believing that we should not protect our own citizens with health insurance, even unemployment benefits have been an issue or food stamps wanting many cities, and towns that had a major plant closing to depend on donations at food plants, I guess they want all to stand in line at homeless shelters to get their three meals a day. Plus if you lose your job have no earnings how do you pay your mortgage or rent, if not for unemployment benefits many more would have ended up on the street and homeless.

Some are saying that they are apart of the tea party, the last time there was a tea party, was in boston tea party where they dumped tea into their harbor, are we dumping the foriegn automakers from bringing in their cars when american auto makers a gold stock began floundering, are we talking about telling our youth and middle class to buy american or are they wanting to privatize american business, including federal to the point when they are needed they will no longer exist. Some have complained about neighbors getting food stamps, simply because of the clothing they wore while shopping. We will send billions to countries that we say are our allies, but what percentage of that money returns to our country. But dont want to see our neighbors and friends living off the street, something is seriously wrong. Seniors get smart do not dump your own people into the harbor. The foriegn countries have more power in going into our congressional halls and senate and getting large sums of money then citizens of our nations candidates are running for their own financial needs and caring nothing about the average citizens, I Have not heard about them during this time asking for a reduction of their benefits in health or retirement, but if they allow every governmental agency to shut down every automaker, and send all our work abroad how does that help people hear at home. Why are we against more money being spent in our nation, to take care of our own people. Instead of carrying a big stick abroad, and here we have sent our reservists over seas to fight in a war, and yet returning home to no jobs poor va benefits, something is wrong some of these same republican candidates served in the military and use it when running for elections, but dont want to see the present service men receive better or equal va benefits.

So I hope when you are voting you will not be cutting the neck of the people here at home, when asked to call by our president certain republican candidates to ask how they were voting on certain issues many would not even pick up their phones had automated messages, and these were just to set up the yearly budget. Yet many are not listening to what their party is advocating. if you say you are against abortions shouldnt your party care if the kids born have a place to stay food to eat, clothing a  roof over their head an intact family? Dont let some candidate talking from the both sides of his mouth deceive you. Thats what we call double talking in my state. Seniors make intelligent decisions dont allow for the stripping of governmental jobs just to put money into some private entities hand and then when the services are needed you find out they have filed banruptcy and left town. And when you need the services they are non existent. How many of you live in areas that were hit by storms earthquakes, tornados, flooding in the past few months?

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2012 - 9:23PM #12
KIND6004

Its been a longtime, since I Have been in beliefnet, seven months, ans so much has happened this being an election year, since most of you are seniors in this group if you dont make a good choice the impact on your lives will be sudden. I Am hoping that all of you will vote.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2012 - 2:31PM #13
Stardove

Welcome back Kind.

Today's news is reporting Mitt believes middle class people earn between $200,000 to $250,000.  You read that right. 

Guess I know only poor people. I don't feel poor myself, but our income is no where near what Mitt thinks is middle class.  Surprised

I will be voting for the real middle class of America's good, like my children!!!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2012 - 12:43PM #14
teilhard

THIS "Aging Gracefully" Kid is *out*there* ... literally ... on The Streets of my Minnesota Senate Legislative District ...

I am a Precinct Captain (have been for many Years) and I am (once again) serving as a very active Member of an Election Committee ...

I go out Door-knocking, I recruit Locations for Lawn Signs and deliver them and put them up, and I am the Letters to the Editor Coordinator ... Just last Sunday I volunteered at our County Party Fundraiser ...

SOME of us are VERY much still actively engaged ... It's FUN ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2012 - 2:46PM #15
klm

Sep 15, 2012 -- 2:31PM, Stardove wrote:

Welcome back Kind.

Today's news is reporting Mitt believes middle class people earn between $200,000 to $250,000.  You read that right. 

Guess I know only poor people. I don't feel poor myself, but our income is no where near what Mitt thinks is middle class.  Surprised

I will be voting for the real middle class of America's good, like my children!!!

I guess it depends on what scale you go by.    Apparently Mitt goes by poor, middle class and rich. 

I learned different.    From a class I took.

1. lower class

2. upper lower class

3. lower middle class

4. middle class

5. upper middle class

6. lower upper class

7. upper class

In my mind his view on middle class is what i think would be  5   

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2012 - 1:19PM #16
Stardove

Kim,

In my mind his view on middle class is what i think would be  5 

I think you are on to something! Wink

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook