Switch to Forum Live View What are you reading? or are you playing any word games cross word puzzles etc.
3 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2011 - 7:52PM #1
KIND6004

A mind is a horrible thing to waste, this is a good thought, you reading anything, at our age, its a good idea, to be reading you know what they say garbage in and garbage comes out. Who are your favorie authors. Do you mustly like romance authors or stories. Do you like adventure or scary books its been said that stimulating the brain in this manner is a good thing. But lots of times when we start working we lose the idea of reading because if your job entails a lot of reading you feel like you are taking a break and not really relaxing from your work duties, its a good idea to keep a journal of what the story was about and especially if the author is someone writes serials about a particular character. But noticed in nursing homes dont see a lot of people reading even daily reading of your bible is Good thing at night and again in the mornings.
Some love poetry or even writing it have you been doing any writing. Dont always have to rhym it anymore. What about if you are having word finding difficulties its stimulating to use cross word puzzles or find the word puzzles cross word help with the definitions however. OR THE calendars, that help you learn a new word every day. But lets see who is exercising the brain cells. unsure if videos provide the same type of stimulation of the mind, depends on what you are watching, is there something you are learning from the film? Some travel shows on television are nice, national geographical type shows on the public networks. Did you make it a bucket list to write something to teach someone else a skill you have, even if its the grandkids. Did you ever think what it would do if you got automotive skills to buy a old car and show your grandchild how to rebuild it. OR IF YOU ARE AN ELECTRICIAN OR CARPENTER, MANY HAVE DECIDED ON FUTURE SKILLS BECAUSE of what they learned as a child. Like my cousin whose elementary teacher taught his entire class sign language so they could speak quietly in his classroom. He probably would be proud to know she decided to become a speech pathologist because she had developed this skill beyond what he taugh in his class, and that requires a masters degreee. So what skill did you learn as a child and now use it in your occupation or did use to develop your career skills? How many women dont even know how to do things around the house without hiring a handman, and when the husband goes to his reward they have to find someone else quickly. There was a generation of women who did not even have driving skills. Get your license lady. Balance your checkbooks its a skill. what about can you swim, hand eye coordination skills are good for the brain, do you do any painting art work of any type.
So okay i was trying everything I Could to stimulate you to respond lots of you read the posts in forums but never say anything. Maybe you have read this one book that you think everyone needs to read. Some of the books for dummies are very helpful in learning skills. okay i have dropped the glove.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2011 - 4:10PM #2
Stardove

Hi Kind, I do a lot of reading here on the Internet.

Currently I am reading two books.  Swimsuit by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro.  I love James Patterson's books.

The other book is A New Earth Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle.

I am also listening in on one class on Tuesdays during the day on Authentic Kabbalah. (No I am not Jewish.)

http://www.AuthenticKabbalah.com/class.html

Three nights a week I am listening to different speakers on Quantum Healing.

www.quantumhealingandsoul.com/vip-4/#pea...  

There are a few speakers still which can be heard.

To register for the Quantum Healing, Consciousness and Soul click:

www.quantumhealingandsoul.com/

People can call in to listen or listen on the web. 

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2011 - 6:37PM #3
KIND6004

I also like James patterson have read a lot of his Alex Cross books, and Sundays at Tiffanys also read Letters to Nicholas also like Dean Koontz have read lots of his then learned of Pattersons books just as i was giving out of Koontz having to wait for him to produce more. Also like Edgar Rice Burroughs who wrote Tarzan books and also lots of Scifi books but his books are no longer being published have to find at old books stores his books all characters are very virtuous, with high morals. Zenna Henderson was another older author of sci fi books I Liked she is deceased so You also have to find her books at used book stores or order, from borders, or barnes and nobel.

Did not think anyone else liked Patterson. Lots of colleges and universities offer special courses at discounts for senior citizens you would have to call and ask about these programs. Ususally discounted rate for classes. Sometimes even have grants for half off. This is a good place to meet other seniors, males and females.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2011 - 3:27PM #4
Stardove

Mar 18, 2011 -- 6:37PM, KIND6004 wrote:

I also like James patterson have read a lot of his alex cross books, and Sundays at Tiffanys also read letters to nicholas also like Dean koontz read lots of his then learned of pattersons books just as i was giving. Also like Edgar Rich Burroughs who wrote Tarzen books and also lots of Scifi books but his books are no longer being published have to find at old books stores his books all characters are very virtuous, with high morals. Zenna Henderson was another older author of sci fi books I Liked she is deceased so you also have to find her books at used book stores or order, from borders, or barnes and nobel.

Did not think anyone else like Patterson. Lots of colleges and universities offer special courses at discounts for senior citizens you would have to call and ask about these programs. Ususally discounted rate for classes. Sometimes even have grants for half off. This is a good place to meet other seniors, males and females.

I think my most favorite fiction author is Dean Koontz.  His books are all so different from each other.  I don't know where his imagination must come from.  Well I do, but still I am impressed by it.

I also like the Alex Cross series of books and the Murder Club series with the four ladies solving the crimes.

Another fiction writer I enjoy is Randy Wayne White.  He writes about Doc Ford who live in a stilt house on the water in Florida.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook