Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Do you have a BUCKET LIST?
3 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2011 - 2:46PM #1
KIND6004

Is there something you have wanted to do all your life, and you have never done it? Have you wanted to go abroad, do some bongie jumping, or  skydiving or jump out of an airplane, or maybe climb a mountain, or is your list more reasonable do you want to start a business, or maybe when you were younger you decided against having kids, and now you have been considering foster care, or adoption or acquiring tax exempt status for a special group like children, or an illness/or disease that took the life of a parent. Did you ever want to perhaps lose an ammount of weight? What about have you considered becoming a missionary? Joining the peace corp, in some foriegn nation.?Maybe learn another language.?Maybe its to make up to a family member or try to find a long lost friend?

Maybe you have wanted to return to college, or go into a different career, and now you are laid off or retired and you wonder if you should. Maybe you have an invention, that you have considered making that seems important  and  you realize there is a real need for it. Who knows what your bucket list consists of it could be one item or as high as ten.

What is the bucket list, well its anything you want to do before you kick the bucket. By now all of us have failed at a new years resolution, during our lifetime, but the bucket list you could take beyond a year to accomplish.

Come on tell us? We will keep your secret.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2011 - 10:49AM #2
KIND6004

Callielou, mentioned it could be a list of your dreams, The bible says, WITHOUT A VISION MY PEOPLE PERISH.

We have dreams some we have accomplished when we were growing up, and its not strange to ask your kids even as they are growing what they want to be when they grow up, sometimes they start off saying they want to be a cowboy or a ballarina, and we dont put it down because we realize that sometimes dreams may start out small. Even as they grow it may change from grade to grade or almost day to day. Something they see on television. But for some reason we do lose our visions maybe around middle aged we get locked in.

Maybe this economy is a way of getting us to stimulate our dreams, not just focus on the failures. So lets widen our horizons. I Think about Bush senior who decided he would jump out of airplane, for several birthdays he did this maybe he was pushing the envelope but still he did it.

What about the mother of Jimmy Carter, who decided she would become a peace corps volunteer does that organization exist today, you rarely hear anything about it. What about big brothers and big sisters we are  not too old for this, or mentoring some child? Volunteer organizations could use us.

Or John F Kennedys mom who went to mass every day, and lived to a ripe old age.  I heard a speaker say its been documented that people who go to church once a week live to one age, maybe it was seventy, but people who attend church twice of more live even longer. So perhaps that should be on our lists find something, to do for God, in his house, these people have to make a decision to make this a priority. It doesnt just happen.

There are others who work with habitat for humanities building homes for those in need. Maybe you could be someone who organizes one of these in your community.

But just because we are now beyond middle aged does not mean we are not suppose to have dreams look at Abraham and Sarah, she had a baby at is it a 100 yrs old, it even made her laugh, she got her dream.

So perhaps your bucket list is what keeps a person alive and vital, and maybe its suppose to change as we change even as we are getting older. Someone I know recently brought some land an is farming in a farm community a city boy who has never farmed in his life.

So are you just thinking is that why no one has written theres down in here. I even adopted a dog for one thing thats not an easy thing to do it changed my life, and its expensive in this economy, an lots of people like to pet him, but no one says I will baby sit, some live in senior complexes where they can not fifty five year old communities is what they call them down here. But he keeps me laughing and talking and even for a while I was buying books to help me understand him. Even found a book about home remedys.

How many are even reading anymore do you have a books to be read list, or like me a author, who you are constantly reading. Music do you sing, or play an instrument, did you decide you are too old to start a band? Do you think only youngsters can have dreams?

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2011 - 1:36PM #3
Stardove

Kind, Great thread, please don't remove. 

I don't have a lot of time at the moment to make a whole list, but we (hubby and I) are going on a cruise this summer.  Airplane tickets purchased, one night purchased at hotel and down payment on cruise is made.  Going on a cruise is on my list!!!

We are going with my oldest daughter, her husband and the two grand-children who will be 14 and 9 by the time we get on board the Norwegian Cruise Lines.  We have a balcony room next to the "kids" penthouse suite with an even larger balcony.

Going on a cruise is on the list....and will be checked off this summer!!!  Laughing

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2011 - 2:00PM #4
KIND6004

Ok, I will let it soak in to others, everyone, has had to have a dream a vision for their life,otherwise you would wonder around without a course, like a ship without a sail, or wheel. Even now at this stage of our lives, we need dreams visions ideas to aim for.

I must admit even I had thought of a cruise I have a friend that works for a cruise line, and who had offered to help me get on one or two. Its nice being out on the water, in the movie, about angels , nicholas cage was in, it showed angels hovering around the water in the early morning hours there is a verse is in the bible, speaks of the spirit of God hovering near the water. Since most of my study books are still packed will have to get out a good concordance to find the verse, maybe someone can help. Both states I have lived in have had water nearby. Most of the cities were not to far from great lakes or in Florida the beaches. Its also calming soothing a great destressor, listening to and feeling the rocking of the waves another friends spouse owned a said boat, and would take the family out sailing on the ocean.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2011 - 1:48PM #5
Stardove

Currently on my Bucket List is hubby and I purchasing a new RV trailer and do some traveling across America.  I have purchased a new Toyota Tundra for hubby, which came with a tow package.  That was step one in the plan, a vehicle to tow a RV trailer. 

Now that I've paid property taxes it is time to begin the search for the perfect RV for us. Wanted to get the taxes behind us, so I knew how much money we have to spend in case we don't want to finance, like the truck.

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 12:49PM #6
teilhard

My Sweetie-Spouse and I share a "Bucket - Wish - List" simply to be able to afford to Retire SOME Day ...

Fortunately for me, I long ago already BEGAN to fulfill some of my own wish-list Fantasies BEFORE "Retirement" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 10:56AM #7
Want to know

Jan 10, 2011 -- 12:49PM, teilhard wrote:

My Sweetie-Spouse and I share a "Bucket - Wish - List" simply to be able to afford to Retire SOME Day ...

Fortunately for me, I long ago already BEGAN to fulfill some of my own wish-list Fantasies BEFORE "Retirement" ...

Hi Tellhard, I hope you get to retire soon. I have been retired for fourteen years and it is great! I am fullfilling one item on my list today. We have 6 inches of snow here in the south and I am sitting in front of an open fireplace with many good books to read and a computer to chat with people on the internet. My wife and I have been married for 57 years and we have loving children, grandchildren, and a great grandson we see often. Yes, I am enjoying my bucket and I thank God for it.

By the way, have any of you seen the movie "The Bucket List"? It is a great movie, catch it if you haven't seen it.

"Now we see as through a glass, darkly but then face to face:  now I know in part, but then shall I know even as also I am known."  I Corinthians 13:12
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 11:51AM #8
teilhard

Fortunately, I still enjoy my Work such that I don't (yet) LONG for Retirement ...

But our ongoing family Economic Circumstances combined with today's Economic Prospects are such that we may not be able to retire reasonably comfortably EVER ...

Jan 11, 2011 -- 10:56AM, Want to know wrote:

Hi Tellhard, I hope you get to retire soon. I have been retired for fourteen years and it is great! I am fullfilling one item on my list today. We have 6 inches of snow here in the south and I am sitting in front of an open fireplace with many good books to read and a computer to chat with people on the internet. My wife and I have been married for 57 years and we have loving children, grandchildren, and a great grandson we see often. Yes, I am enjoying my bucket and I thank God for it.

By the way, have any of you seen the movie "The Bucket List"? It is a great movie, catch it if you haven't seen it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:59PM #9
Want to know

Jan 11, 2011 -- 11:51AM, teilhard wrote:

Fortunately, I still enjoy my Work such that I don't (yet) LONG for Retirement ...

But our ongoing family Economic Circumstances combined with today's Economic Prospects are such that we may not be able to retire reasonably comfortably EVER ...

Jan 11, 2011 -- 10:56AM, Want to know wrote:

Tell. by no means have we been able to have the lifestyle we envisioned in earlier years, but we have been able to adjust and enjoy our retirement. I know what you mean about the economy. Neither of us had a retirement plan from the companies we worked for, but we were fortunate enough to contribute the full amount each year to our IRA's. We started this the first year this plan was offered and we had visions of being rich in our later years. At one time we were earning 15% on our savings and things looked great. Sad to say, it didn't last long and what we have saved could go in a hurry if we don't continue watching every dollar.

"Now we see as through a glass, darkly but then face to face:  now I know in part, but then shall I know even as also I am known."  I Corinthians 13:12
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 3:54PM #10
Stardove

What to know,  I agree the Bucket List is a great movie.  It's a laugh and cry movie with more laughs than cries.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook