Switch to Forum Live View Computer Tips & Questions
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 8:18PM #1
Stardove

How about copy and paste?  There are several way to copy and paste.

First the Ctrl (control) key is located on the bottom row of keys, last key on left side.

Highlight what you want to copy by holding down the left side of mouse and dragging over the words.  After highlighted in blue right click a menu comes up.  Click on copy.  Go to where you want to copy and right click paste.  Words should be there.

You can highlight and also use the edit function (at top of browser) to use copy and paste functions.

You can use Ctrl (control) A for all (this will do an entire page), Ctrl and C for copy and Ctrl and V (don't know why V is used) to paste.  Click on Ctrl at the same time as the other letters for what you want to do.

Go to this site to practice copy and paste.

At You Tube when you click on the embedded code it will automatically highlight in blue, place mouse on highlighted area right click and choose copy.  Go to posting screen and right click paste.  Preview before you submit!!!!

Any questions or computer tips? Also questions about how to on Beliefnet can be discussed here.

I have some older journals from 2 years back when the new format came in, if anyone wants to check those out on my journal pages.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 8:24PM #2
Stardove

Sometimes the fonts (words) are too small to read.  We can quickly change the size of the pages we view by again using the Ctrl key.

First hold the Ctrl key down and click on + at the same time to enlarge (no need to shift + key).  To decrease hold the Ctrl key down and click on - key.

If you have a mouse with a wheel (most do these days), you can hold the Ctrl key down and scroll the mouse wheel forward to enlarge.  To decrease hold Ctrl key and scroll backwards.

Works great on small pictures, fonts, sites, etc. 

Give it a try if you haven't already.  Wink

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2011 - 7:32PM #3
Callielou

Hi Stardove,

Wonder what the difference is on You Tube? When I'm there, I left click the box SHARE and then Right click on the blackened url and select the word copy, then bring it to Beliefnet.

I haven't tried the EMBEDDED box. Is there a difference?

Thanks...........Callielou

I played at that place on copy and paste and I did that, but I tried to copy your sentence on You Tube to bring it to this post but it didn't take. I did something wrong. lol I'm afraid to try it again as it seemed to just make a mess.  Too much blank space.

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance, for it requires knowledge to perceive it; and, therefore, he that can perceive it hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2011 - 11:24PM #4
Stardove

Jan 5, 2011 -- 7:32PM, Callielou wrote:

Hi Stardove,

Wonder what the difference is on You Tube? When I'm there, I left click the box SHARE and then Right click on the blackened url and select the word copy, then bring it to Beliefnet.

I haven't tried the EMBEDDED box. Is there a difference?

Thanks...........Callielou

I played at that place on copy and paste and I did that, but I tried to copy your sentence on You Tube to bring it to this post but it didn't take. I did something wrong. lol I'm afraid to try it again as it seemed to just make a mess.  Too much blank space.

Yes there is a difference between the URL address and the embedded code. 

The embedded code will actually put the video on Beliefnet when pasted into a posting window.  When you click on the embedded code (IF AVAILABLE) it will highlight in blue place mouse over, right click on copy.  Then you can paste for the video to show up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2011 - 9:23AM #5
Callielou

Stardove

Thanks for responding, but I do paste them on Beliefnet using that mrthod. The "Song Title" game on the Village Green is full of them.

Maybe it doesn't matter which method is used. You Tube gives you both options, maybe other places that have videos only gives one. I don't know. You Tube is the only place I have ever brought any back.

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance, for it requires knowledge to perceive it; and, therefore, he that can perceive it hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2011 - 2:14PM #6
Stardove

Jan 6, 2011 -- 9:23AM, Callielou wrote:

Stardove

Thanks for responding, but I do paste them on Beliefnet using that mrthod. The "Song Title" game on the Village Green is full of them.

Maybe it doesn't matter which method is used. You Tube gives you both options, maybe other places that have videos only gives one. I don't know. You Tube is the only place I have ever brought any back.

IME only You Tube embedded videos work here on B'net.  I have attempted to use other video sites with embedded codes and they simply do not work here. Maybe someday they will. Sealed

Facebook makes it easy, all one has to do is put the URL address and the video automatically appears.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook