Switch to Forum Live View Your Mother and Father have gone on to heaven what would you say or what would they say?
4 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2010 - 8:44PM #1
KIND6004

Well this can go either way, we often have thoughts of what we would like to say to our MOM, or Dad, if we could see them one more time. But especially around holidays we miss them, because they are family celebrations or special events and memories surrounding them. Every family has special things they do the holiday traditions. What were some of your family traditions? Even if you spend the day with others something seems missing without the presence of those who have gone on before us. Whether a child or parent or a best friend? So what would you say?

What could they say to you to make the loss, less eventful? Are you trying to live so you can eventually be in their presence? Do you have a special prayer, or a toast for those who are not around the table anymore? I Read a story in the newspaper, of a young women who lost both parents and what she missed most was how loved and how special they made her feel. The piece was presented and left you warmed. No one is prepared for the feeling of lost, during holidays but since all of of us are older, we have developed coping mechanisms. What would you say to those who still have their parents around even if in a nursing home to make them cherish their presence?

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2010 - 11:02PM #2
Stardove

Both of my parents are still living.  Mom turns 80 in January and Dad will be 89 in a few weeks.  They are still married after all these years, since 1946.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2010 - 1:22AM #3
KIND6004

Thats wonderful, I Had never imagined my mother passing her mom lived until mid 96 but it seemed out my grandmothers eight kids only two are left one girl and one boy, and three passed away before, she did, and moms oldest sister died the month after my mother passed away. I guess, so many prayer requests answered in moms earlier years, I did not think in terms of her dying and she was a great women of prayer.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2010 - 4:01PM #4
Stardove

My mother's mother was also 96 when she crossed over.  I was with her and told her it was time to let go.  She had been "dying" for a month in the hospital.  One morning I got up and told my husband I need to go help Maw pass.  Went to the airport and flew into Austin.  Then got picked up to go to the hospital.  Within 30 minutes of my arrival and thanking her for being so loving and teaching me how to be a good grand-mother I talked her to the Light.

Two of her sons were killed in WWII, so she was the oldest Double Gold Star Mother in her county.

I was blessed with a wonderful loving grandmother.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2010 - 6:57PM #5
KIND6004

Star dove, I like this post many are leaving the passing on of their relatives to others, and probably the most important time is their death, scripture bears this out. In often the time of most suffering, many are medicated beyond their ability to comprehend what is happening, or Dr kervokian, was wanting to help many onto their rest, thru giving medications to uthanize them. Its wonderful, that a decision was made to be at your grandmothers bedside, and talk her thru it. If the individual dying is dealing with the fear of not knowing what is on the other side.

Many have talked about seeing other relatives who have passed present in their room, many have even mentioned seeing angels or bright lights. Someone holding their hands makes them relaxed enough to discuss what they are seeing there are even researchers who have writen studies on those who have died, and come back to life who have discussed it.

This past summer a friend of mind went into the hospital and had died but was brought back to life he was put on life support for about two weeks. I Was calling his cell phone during this time not having been told about this event. I Finally ran into his father in our buildings lobby, and he told me about him still being hospitalized. When my friend came out he said that he had died, he felt and gone to hell, he is catholic. He was very fearful about dying again, said he told the entity that was there to collect his soul he was not suppose to be in hell. He awoke from coma, and for some time seemed to make a full recovery. But he began to have complications from liver failure, but prior to this running its eventual course I Took him to a neighboring catholic church, so he could put his name into their membership banks, he reconciled with his mother forgave her, she had divorced his father which was why this gentlemen was caring for his dad rather then having him live alone, and exwife, and even his father because he knew he was going to live longer then he was, and then he even went to stay with his mother as his health declined he had to have treatment in her home, as his condition went such a severe level that hospice was called in. He received his last rites from a priest, he obviously told his mother everything that had transpired while we were neighbors, because after he passed she and his siblings came to my door to tell me, she wanted to thank me, I had transported him to doctors appointments and gotten him medical equipment done only what any other person with compassion might have done. She said in his second passing he was at peace. This entire family changed surrounding his passing and funeral, so much so that the mother found and apartment where the father could live in her hometown in northern florida, and came down to move him up. So it made a great difference in all our lives.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook