Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Let's laugh because it's good medicine
3 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2010 - 12:19PM #1
Stardove

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2010 - 12:34PM #2
Stardove

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2010 - 8:46AM #3
KIND6004

The bible says laughter is good like medicine. Its good for the bones, and good for the heart, I use to have a collection of Bill Cosby albums and tapes, and found a cd, because I Like the fact he is humerous without being profane. There is one CD, that my family played after a grandmother died, it was by sinbad, I Tried to find a copy but could not it was really funny also not profane. After my dad died, I Found two unopened tapes he had left, one was the kings of comedy, funny but some profanity, But it had one guy on there that made you have to hold your sides, and also there was another by cant think of his name he is from new york, slender black male, now he talks about lots of stuff and curses a lot. But it was funny.

The cosby tapes no matter how often I Played them were just hilarious, he talked in one about how kids who share a bed have an invisible line in the bed, about whose on whose side, another talked about adam and eve, just has you laughing til you are just falling over, I Would pop him in when ever I Felt sad. Cosby has written some books about fatherhood etc, also very humerous. I think investing in a comedy collection was a good move.

Also the JEWISH CENTER near aventura has comedy acts for free, on tuesdays around 9am. It seems that even cancer patients are prescribed to get some comedy videos..Even some movies have gotten great laughs. There is an endorphin that is secreted from laughing. So start investing in your own collection, or checking some out from library or the different blockbuster or other video suppliers. Start your day with some laughter, I like Regis, and kelly, because they smile and laugh a lot during their show, even prefer ellen because, she does some crazy games and dances on her show. Now dancing is also good, gets you moving even if you dance like Seinfields Elaine, or Raymond, of everybody loves raymond, shaking your grove thing is good for the heart, no audience neccessary just turn the music on and get with it. There are senior groups around our area that offer dance classes, you can become a lifetime member at some of the community centers her for 25.00.

So you are closer then you think to a smile, no matter what you think you are going thru the bible says the joy of the LORD is my strength, there is nothing like praising God. Some of best years in church was when I Was on the praise my team for praise and worship it showed me how much God responds to praise, and once you try praising him you can not go back. Its like you crave it. Just you and him alone put on some praise music, and start calling out hallelujah thank you jesus, or some names for God or jesus. It will rock you and you will get answers to prayer. Dont knock it till you try it. So it appears there are different levels of JOY, CEce winans did a great video, surrounding her video The throne room. Watch it and you will see what I Mean. Few others I Really liked videos even played some at the nursing home for seniors and they loved them.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2010 - 2:48PM #4
Stardove

Great message Kind.  Thanks.  Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2010 - 5:52PM #5
KIND6004

Also scripture says not to let the sun go down on your anger, so having different ways to shake it off, is good music, and comic acts, and films give you options. I Like your comment and what you added to it.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2010 - 6:05PM #6
KIND6004

Also the older television shows, like I Love Lucy, she is so crazy, some more recently interject, a lot of sexual issues, but she was largely after a good laugh, I Was trying to think of others, on my cable channel they dont have these old shows, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum, really use to be funny to me also. There is a movie about a family reunion. I Think comedy shows, really was the way I Lightened up after stressful jobs. Even learned to like some cartoon shows. But not todays. Finding the Dick van dyke shows, is swell or the Beverly Hillbillies on Dvd. Real hoot.

The bible also says that for the spirit of heaviness PUT on the garment of praise, when you start reading the psalms and the different Gospels, and even just saying the names and attributes, of God its very uplifting. The holy spirit, will comfort you the way a mother comforts her child just visualize that.

And even giving a testimony especially of the Godness, of God, the bible says we will OVERCOME, by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony. So if you want to be an overcomer in any situation, think back on some miracle that God has done for you or even the everyday things or blessings in your life. Dont let anyone steal your job.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2010 - 6:18PM #7
KIND6004

LOL, its Do not let anyone steal your joy. Also, the joy of the LORD IS MY STRENGTH, I truly, believe that I WAS made to praise God.

LOL no dont let anyone steal your job also.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2010 - 7:54PM #8
KIND6004

Well last night I Saw the fockers visit the inlaws, I Think that was the title it was really funny, and there is a new edition coming up called the little fockers, Barbara Streisand is in it, and other well known other actors, Dustin hoffman, I think it will make you laugh. I know I Did some sexual language content, but it was just a unique film. There are two on DVD I Think the new film is the third installment.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2010 - 12:49AM #9
KIND6004

Find a local comedy theatre, seems a lot of them have mouths that are kinda dirty. But also there is Pastor, Joel Osteen he seems to start every one of his sermons with a unique joke, and he even jokes with his family and others during his sermons, who are sitting in the audience. I Like the way he smiles, they say smiling is good, for a person, works less muscles then a frown, because your brow gets all furrowed, when you frown. I like it when someone tells me they are LOL, Laughing out loud, on messenger, or in a computer room. I dont see it much in beliefnet, seems its such serious subjects. But a long time ago, I Found out God has a sense of humor, at my saddest points in life, some twist would happen, that only could be  explained  as a God thing, it would have me laughing. One of my sisters even told me one night I was just laughing out loud laughing in a dream, she could hear it, for quite some time. Thats a nice memory for me, I could think of only one thing that could give me that much joy, being in the presence of God, JOY THAT SURPASSETH all understanding. Thats why, I often think the world did not give me my joy, so this world can not take it away. Sometimes others find it hard to laugh at themselves, but some of my most WELL received or best jokes are when I am commenting about myself. I just dont take me so serious. Because of Jesus, gift which is available to all of us. Its amazing.

I had a friend, who also smiled and laughed a lot and she could do it, easily, sometimes when its teenagers we think its giddy, but it was something she practiced all of her life, she had two deep dimples, all her kids were born with dimples, and they all have these belly laughs that make you just break out. Because laughter is contagious. I told them the story about angels on both sides kissing them at their birth, and to never lose their dimples. Even as they age every once and a whiole they act like they dont remember the story, and want to hear it again.

Dont let anyone steal your joy, laugh maybe you have to get something a comedian, or a movie, to get started. But once you have found, your laughter hold onto it.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2010 - 11:12PM #10
KIND6004

LOL Katie Couric Told this one over lunch*

A married couple in their early sixties were celebrating their fortieth wedding anniversary in a

romantic restaurant. Suddenly, a fairy Godmother appeared. She said, "For being such an exemplary married couple, I Will grant you each a wish.' THE WIFE ANSWERED, " I want to travel around the world with my darling husband." The fairy waved her magic wand and poof!--two tickets for the Queen MARY 2 appeared. The husband thought for a moment, and then said,"Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'M SORRY, SWEETHEART, BUT MY WISH IS TO HAVE A WIFE 30 years younger than me." The wife and the fairy were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish. So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!--the husband became 92 years old. The moral of this story: Men who are ungrateful should remember fairy godmothers are female.

*There were 14,000 witnesses-- it was at the Womens Conference hosted by Marie Shriver in 2009.

I hope this makes you laugh out loud!

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook