Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is it possible to find a soul mate at 52 yrs old?
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2010 - 9:24PM #11
Stuckbycacti

Oct 12, 2010 -- 3:57PM, littleoma wrote:

I meet the most interesting people, women and men, when I am pursung my interests--the walking trail, the bookshop coffee shops. lectures and etc. 

At this point I guess I am not allowed to pursue my interests. I do not have any money! I can't go anywhere cuz I can't afford gas. I try to meet people on line in places that I am interested in something; but so far nothing has really come of it except online pals. One of the problems I think is that I live in a rural area...a distance from most things that are going on. I go walking near home, but rarely even see anyone except in cars that are going by. I used to make $50k + a year...now with this economic situation going on, I have lost my business and I only make $141.00 a week from unemployment. I can't spend that money on anything except neccessary bills. My house payment is $1050.00.

Thanks for your kind reply, but I just don't know what to do. I am very lonely. WOULD LOVE A REAL HUG!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2010 - 1:48PM #12
teilhard

My Parish Secretary -- a Widow, age, ca. 50 -- is moving to another State in a couple Weeks, to marry a Soul-Mate she met on-line some time ago ...

Stuff happens ... don't give up ...

Be CAREFUL -- but not SO careful that you don't have any Fun ... Go For It ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2010 - 2:33PM #13
Stardove

The thing is when a divorce or deaths happen and there are children they may believe it is their fault.  Many times children believe they are not lovable.  They think "I am not lovable or Dad/Mother/grand-father/grand-mother/etc. would not have left me, if I was lovable". We understand this is not logical, but children may not. 

When as adults we know divorce can happen, and deaths are going to happen at some point.  Children do not understand these situations at times and take on the blame.  So letting you son know it is not his fault you and his father got a divorce.  This is all on the adults in a marriage. 

Joshua may also resent the economic situation you find yourself in.  Instead of his spending money being all his, he is stepping up and helping.  His behavior could also be his age.  Teenagers can be moody with all the hormones raging.  Just keep letting him know it is not his fault...and he is lovable and you love him unconditionally.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2010 - 12:58PM #14
teilhard

Anything happening ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2010 - 2:20PM #15
KIND6004

A senior from our church moved back to her home state after meeting an marrying again, she was a widower. Has grown children, and grandchildren, her mother and step father still reside in KENTUCKY, UNSURE If SHE MET guy on facebook, or some other site. But she is a great sister, and we all pray for her continued happiness, and it just shows that some are finding joy, and even when it costs them.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2010 - 1:21PM #16
teilhard

What's happening ... ???  How're you doing ... ???

Oct 19, 2010 -- 9:24PM, Stuckbycacti wrote:

Oct 12, 2010 -- 3:57PM, littleoma wrote:

I meet the most interesting people, women and men, when I am pursung my interests--the walking trail, the bookshop coffee shops. lectures and etc. 

At this point I guess I am not allowed to pursue my interests. I do not have any money! I can't go anywhere cuz I can't afford gas. I try to meet people on line in places that I am interested in something; but so far nothing has really come of it except online pals. One of the problems I think is that I live in a rural area...a distance from most things that are going on. I go walking near home, but rarely even see anyone except in cars that are going by. I used to make $50k + a year...now with this economic situation going on, I have lost my business and I only make $141.00 a week from unemployment. I can't spend that money on anything except neccessary bills. My house payment is $1050.00.

Thanks for your kind reply, but I just don't know what to do. I am very lonely. WOULD LOVE A REAL HUG!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 3:00PM #17
Stardove

Nov 5, 2010 -- 11:22PM, LynneaUrania wrote:

Hugz, Stuckbycacti.  You deserve them.

I do think that your status will change in time.  You may not have money.  I don't either.  For that matter, you make more than I do. And if the economy is goes the way of the Weimar Republic, it may be that we will all have to learn how to live on nothing.  It may sound terrible, but time may turn out to be a great equalizer with you as beneficiary!  At least we can pray...

Lynne,

Welcome to the Aging Gracefully group and thank you for your post.  There is also a group, if you care to join.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2010 - 2:12PM #18
teilhard

"Stuck-By-Cacti" -- Any Luck ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2010 - 2:33AM #19
KIND6004

This is a national site someone mentioned in another group which I Started, so I Thought I Would post it in here its like for the city you are located in www.meetup.com

When I Looked at it a while a go it seemed to have a lot of different even hobby groups, book clubs, bible studies so look at the list of activity groups in your areas. Also some areas have senior groups that get together for dancing square dance and other types, and plays and field trips, some have a minimal membership fee, like twenty five dollars in this area, might be cheaper in yours two suggestions.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2010 - 12:26PM #20
teilhard

How's it going ... ???

Nov 16, 2010 -- 2:12PM, teilhard wrote:

"Stuck-By-Cacti" -- Any Luck ... ???

Quick Reply