Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is it possible to find a soul mate at 52 yrs old?
4 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2010 - 7:08PM #1
Stuckbycacti

I am alone and want to have someone to share my life with. Why is it so hard to find someone? Does anyone have any ideas on what to do next? I've tried dating sites and all that. I am unemployeed, so I can't meet anyone at work. I've tried church, too.

Just looking for new ideas...and prayers, as well. God's Child Sandra

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2010 - 8:13PM #2
littleoma

I recomment the blog:  sixty and single in seattle.  It took Mary a little more than a year, but, she did finaly meet the right person.  She actively pursued her interests and met the right man at the library.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2010 - 11:28PM #3
Stuckbycacti

Thank you very much...I will look for this blog and read it. Appreciate you taking the time <>

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 2:49PM #4
Stardove

One of my dearest friends didn't find her true love till she was in her 50's.  She was happy being single till the right man came along.  She believed she had such a wonderful life, no man was worth giving up what she had...until Tom that is. 

Know that within you all the strength and wisdom to be happy with life just the way it is.  Love can come on a gentle wind when you least expect it.

Welcome to Again Gracefully!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 10:45PM #5
Stuckbycacti

Stardove you are a sweetie. Thank you for your comment.

Several years agao I lost the love of my life to meth. (Ironically his name is Tom; like your friend's new love) My son and I went through a lot of abuse before his dad/my x took off permanently into that lifestyle. I'd love to find a nice man that is Christian and caring. Not only for myself, but maybe someone my son could look up to as well. It's been hard on my son. His heart is hardened. His father never even said good-bye to him and doesn't acknowledge him at all. They used to be close. Anyway, thanks for that uplifting comment Stardove! And please pray for my son Joshua if you have the time!! He's a picture of him with one of the best smiles I've seen on him in a few years. Thanks again, hun!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2010 - 12:42PM #6
teilhard

Do you belong to any local Clubs or Societies ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2010 - 3:57PM #7
littleoma

I meet the most interesting people, women and men, when I am pursung my interests--the walking trail, the bookshop coffee shops. lectures and etc. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2010 - 1:03AM #8
Stardove

I will hold you and Joshua in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm glad other members are giving you some directions to check out. 

I feel Joshua needs to hear he is loved and lovable and it is not his fault his father left.  Drugs including alcohol have destroyed many families.  Continue to let Joshua know he is loved and lovable.  This is important for him to understand, especially as he is becoming a young man.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2010 - 9:08PM #9
Stuckbycacti

Stardove,

Thank you again for the reminder about love and lovable. It does seem that Josh needs to hear this more. I will try to tell him so more than I have been. I will try to talk with him more about this. Josh has become very stubborn in the last few years and quite cold to me about things. He has to be nagged endlessly about everything that has to do with his responsibilities...except his job. He takes care of that.

It is hard for me not to take his attitude personally cuz the things he is stubborn about are family things and house things. If it's for his friends, he's right there for them. But with me and our home...nope! He says he will do something and then just doesn't do it...then says the reason he doesn't do the things I ask is "I don't know" (meaning he doesn't know) or his reason is because I AM RETARDED! Unfortunately these lame answers sound just like his father before his father left. (Although I don't tell Josh that) It's very painful. I have talked to Josh about the fact that his father CHOSE drugs...that we did not force him into it, nor were we bad people that CAUSED him to use drugs. I will try to be more loving to my son even tho he really doesn't give me 5 minutes a day. It's so hard to even praise him because even when he gets up in the morning he will just walk past me in the kitchen and say nothing to me as if I am not there! Even if I say Good Morning to him, he often does not respond. And then if I ask him if he heard me, he says "yes"...but nothing else; doesn't even look in my direction!

I hate what is happening between us! Please keep us in your prayers and I will pray for the strength to react the best way that the Lord wants me to. Thanks again, hun!

Sandra

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2010 - 9:14PM #10
Stuckbycacti

Oct 11, 2010 -- 12:42PM, teilhard wrote:

Do you belong to any local Clubs or Societies ... ???

Not any more. But I do play Bunco with the girls once a month. I barely have enough money to afford gas to go to the food bank to get food. A friend was supposed to pick me up on Sunday for church, but so far it hasn't happened. She always has an excuse. I'm stuck at home broke! But do still have internet access. Internet cost is one of the bills that my son helps pay for.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook