Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
5 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2010 - 12:02AM #1
christobel

Next month, I'll be turning 60, & unlike when I was turning 50yrs old, it's not bothering me at all, WinkI think I've become comfortable in my " own skin", & not only that I can get my seniors card, it's not the same as a pension card, but you do still get some rebates, & discounts, like off your house rates, drivers license, utilities, etc.

I've also gained a lot more confidence as I've reached the mature age, more than when I was in my 40's, I'm not so afraid to voice an opinion, frightened that it might sound silly to people, after all, how many times have I thought what others have said doesn't make sense, Laughing

When I'm in a new course, I'll just introduce myself to strangers, & start a conversation, whereas before, I'd wait for them to make the first move, my logic being, if I can talk to friends ok, well they were strangers once, os what's the difference, if I make the first move.

I think I'm going to enjoy this new decade of mine.Innocent

My mind tells me all sorts of stories
but do I have to believe everyone of them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2010 - 2:42PM #2
Stardove

Feb 14, 2010 -- 12:02AM, christobel wrote:

Next month, I'll be turning 60, & unlike when I was turning 50yrs old, it's not bothering me at all, I think I've become comfortable in my " own skin", & not only that I can get my seniors card, it's not the same as a pension card, but you do still get some rebates, & discounts, like off your house rates, drivers license, utilities, etc.

I've also gained a lot more confidence as I've reached the mature age, more than when I was in my 40's, I'm not so afraid to voice an opinion, frightened that it might sound silly to people, after all, how many times have I thought what others have said doesn't make sense,

When I'm in a new course, I'll just introduce myself to strangers, & start a conversation, whereas before, I'd wait for them to make the first move, my logic being, if I can talk to friends ok, well they were strangers once, os what's the difference, if I make the first move.

I think I'm going to enjoy this new decade of mine.

Welcome to the sixties.  I turned 60 last April.  I have to agree getting older only makes us better.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2010 - 3:57PM #3
KIND6004

Hello I clicked on the aging sixty inviteunsure what happened perhaps its still not accepted can you let me know it said there were 126 members

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2010 - 1:22PM #4
teilhard

We scattered my Mom's Ashes last Week ... She died at 97 ... I'm 61 ...

Dad passed ten Years ago ... I have Children & GrandChildren ... "Life" goes on ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2010 - 4:40PM #5
Stardove

Jun 21, 2010 -- 1:22PM, teilhard wrote:

Dad passed ten Years ago ... I have Children & GrandChildren ... "Life" goes on ...

What a blessing to have your mother so long.  And yes life does go on. 

(((((teilhard)))))

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2010 - 11:25AM #6
teilhard

Life is a Gift ...

Sometimes it ISN'T quite "My Size" or it's NOT my FAVORITE Color ... But It IS a Gift ...

Jun 21, 2010 -- 4:40PM, Stardove wrote:

Jun 21, 2010 -- 1:22PM, teilhard wrote:

What a blessing to have your mother so long.  And yes life does go on. 

(((((teilhard)))))

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2010 - 11:43AM #7
frocks

i think i was in 5th grade and for some reason i was doing the aritmetic of how old i was going to be at the turn of the century.  i detemined that i was going to be older than 50.  i dismissed it, cause i said to myself.  "you won't be alive by then".  for years i actually believed that i would not be alive at the turn of the century.  lo and behold i was and is actually older than that.  Praise God.  There were many times since the turn of the century when i shouldn't have made it, but God had different plans for me.  And, what a journey it has been.  aches and pains aside;  it's a wonderful life!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2010 - 2:34PM #8
Stardove

Aug 13, 2010 -- 11:43AM, frocks wrote:

i think i was in 5th grade and for some reason i was doing the aritmetic of how old i was going to be at the turn of the century.  i detemined that i was going to be older than 50.  i dismissed it, cause i said to myself.  "you won't be alive by then".  for years i actually believed that i would not be alive at the turn of the century.  lo and behold i was and is actually older than that.  Praise God.  There were many times since the turn of the century when i shouldn't have made it, but God had different plans for me.  And, what a journey it has been.  aches and pains aside;  it's a wonderful life!

And they all said Amen.  It is so good to see you my friend.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 3:16PM #9
teilhard

Last Saturday we gathered our small Clan to Observe The 100th Birth-Day of my ( late ) Father ... Interesting Set of Feelings ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2010 - 7:41PM #10
annie

today is my dad phils birthday he would of been 95 years old,,,he passed on dec 7 2009,,,and he was in ww2,,,miss him much ...annie

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook