Switch to Forum Live View where are all the 30 year olds hidding?
5 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2009 - 4:10PM #1
Godgirl

It figures that Im in college with a bunch of 20 year olds and I am still at home and i dont know where any of the 30 year olds are at. A handful of my 30 something year old friends are friends from highschool but beyond that I dont run into or come across many of them. There are not alot at church either. So where the hell are they? I know im behind in my life but still i should think i would know where to find them. Are they at the bars? Are they stay at home moms with kids? Are they working at jobs that I havent worked at because they have multiple degrees and I dont? I am so lonely without being around more people my own age. I almost went to my highschool reunion but i didnt want to go alone so I stayed at home.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2009 - 2:50PM #2
Phantasm

Where are all the 30-somethings, you ask?  Working.  That is, if they had a job for a while when the shit hit the fan, or managed to find one in this economy.  I'm in the latter camp and just working part time.  Fortunately I'm also getting financial support from elsewhere.  So those of us who can, are working our tails off.

You could try a local bar, but to my mind that's not the best place to meet people.

Start jogging in a park someplace?

Hmmmmm..............

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2009 - 5:36PM #3
Idenitycrisis

Heres another one, I'm what you'd call well, a mommas boy. Im moving out on my own for the first time in my late 30's. Definitely not the best relationship material to work with, if I do say so myself!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2009 - 4:06PM #4
Icecreamassassin

You know, Godgirl, your high school reunion might have been a good place to meet someone.  And hey!  You already knew them, at least a little, so, bonus!

“Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes.” — Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook