Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Oprah Winfrey Ending Talk Show
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 12:44PM #11
Wendyness

I gave up on Oprah when she announced she spent $100,000 a year on eyebrow waxing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 1:18PM #12
Stardove

Nov 20, 2009 -- 12:42PM, lulu2 wrote:

I too believe Oprah was a force for good.  I also believe that good continued... until she went political with this past election. I can see why she did that, and that she supported what she believed in.. And as a grown up, I can like someone even if we differ politically. That said, she lost her "good will towards all" place in my heart, by not giving Sarah Palin an opportunity to appear on her show, before the election. Not for Ms Palins sake, but for the ideal most women believed Oprah stood for...a voice for the betterment of all women.

I think Oprah was very clear about not having any candidates on the show.

www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/05/oprah-...

Oprah Winfrey, who made the first political endorsement of her life this year in supporting Barack Obama, said in a statement Friday that she would be happy to have Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin on her show — but not until after the election is over. The statement was meant to clarify a report on the Drudge Report, which claimed Oprah's staff was divided over having Palin and that Oprah refused due to her support of Obama:

The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over.

As a side note from the same link:

Sarah Palin Gives Oprah Highest Ratings In Two Years

Oprah's much-anticipated interview of Sarah Palin brought her the biggest "Oprah" ratings in two years.

Edit the quote function has a glitch this AM.  Frown

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 1:46PM #13
Erey

That is true StarDove - Oprah across the board choose to have no candidates on her show during this last election.  So she did not just single out Sarah Palin.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 1:51PM #14
Girlchristian

Nov 20, 2009 -- 12:44PM, Wendyness wrote:

I gave up on Oprah when she announced she spent $100,000 a year on eyebrow waxing.

I don't hold that against her.  She's on television in front of millions of people and now with HDTV, all tv personalities/actors have to look "perfect."  She probably gets them done once/week or somthing vs. the once every 4 weeks that I do or other women do.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 2:14PM #15
Stardove

Ms. Oprah speaks from her heart center about ending the show. 

25 = 2+5= 7  ~ The number 7 is about completion, so it would seem ending after 25 years is perfect for Oprah.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 4:44PM #16
Beautiful_Dreamer

I personally haven't watched the show in years...or, not at any regular intervals.  I think I intended to watch one this year about abused women in the Middle East, but I fell asleep. Maybe it was good, I don't know.  My dad once observed that her show seemed 'like the women ganging up on the men'. That might be true, or might have been then, I don't know. I'm just not really into shows about fashion, giving a holiday party or Martha Stewart's latest endeavor, and that is what all the commercials I see here make her show out to be.  

I'm glad she made the decision not to have any candidates on the show until after the last election because she has so many people who follow anything she says like lemmings. She's okay, and I'm glad so many other people find her inspirational...I just don't really care.  I wish her success and fulfillment in whatever she decides to do, and hopefully she can do more good...

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 4:56PM #17
Idenitycrisis

"Who's" Oprah?Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 5:06PM #18
appy20

Nov 19, 2009 -- 9:09PM, TemplarS wrote:

My wife will be heartbroken, I don't care.

For all the good Oprah has done, she undid it all by infesting Dr. Phil on us...

AMEN!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 5:13PM #19
appy20

Nov 20, 2009 -- 12:44PM, Wendyness wrote:

Her absurd shoes did it for me.   High heels that are terrible for a woman's feet is not much of  a statement about her inner sense of self.   Women with a strong inner sense of self don't wear shoes that unhealthy or superficial.  Just go ahead and bind the foot already.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 6:40PM #20
Zipporahx

I really don't care if she goes or stays.  I have watched her shows once in awhile and they are ok.  She has done a lot of good, but she could do more with her money that helps others, but thats what I think all Million and Billionaires should do!! 

Stardove, why do you have a picture of a baby?  Is that you?

Shalom, Zipporahx

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook