Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Oprah Winfrey Ending Talk Show
5 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2009 - 7:25PM #1
Stardove

The queen of daytime talk shows, Oprah Winfrey, plans to end her highly rated The Oprah Winfrey Show in 2011, her spokesperson said Thursday.

"The sun will set on the Oprah Show as its 25th season draws to a close on September 9, 2011," the spokeswoman tells WABC, the ABC affiliate in New York.

More HERE.

Gee, I can remember when Oprah's show started!!!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2009 - 9:09PM #2
TemplarS

My wife will be heartbroken, I don't care.

For all the good Oprah has done, she undid it all by infesting Dr. Phil on us...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2009 - 10:42PM #3
Wmdkitty

Eeeh... meh.

"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal", Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment." -- George Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 12:04AM #4
Roodog

My wife is gonna be heartbroken!Cry

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 12:28AM #5
Stardove

I watched Oprah for the first time in ages the other day when Sarah Palin was on.  Not because I am a fan of Palin, but I was curious.  Most TV I do watch I record and skip through the commercials.  The exception is news. 

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 12:32AM #6
Mlyons619

Twenty five seasons eh?  Did you expect her to keep hosting her show in a walker?  I'm sure this will not be the last we see of Oprah.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 1:05AM #7
Roodog

She's the richest woman in America, earning every dime of it, she'll be busy managing the rest of her empire.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 10:52AM #8
Wendyness

She is ending her network television show and moving to cable television.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 10:54AM #9
Erey

I like Oprah, I think she is a positive force.  Her shows are mostly lack-luster these days.  I guess the topics usually don't interest me.  It sounds to me like she is starting a new cable empire - good for her!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 12:42PM #10
lulu2

I too believe Oprah was a force for good.  I also believe that good continued... until she went political with this past election. I can see why she did that, and that she supported what she believed in.. And as a grown up, I can like someone even if we differ politically. That said, she lost her "good will towards all" place in my heart, by not giving Sarah Palin an opportunity to appear on her show, before the election. Not for Ms Palins sake, but for the ideal most women believed Oprah stood for...a voice for the betterment of all women.

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook