God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2011 - 4:33PM #52
KIND6004

So now we are like about thirty days away from valentines day. Have you made any plans about what you are going to do? Have you decided that you are going to have a date? How are you working to accomplish  this?  A blind date perhaps, have you made your family aware that you are interested in having a date or friends? Is there a community organization, or church plan for a special activity for senior singles? Have you decided maybe you are just the person to organize it. Love is the greatest, gift so maybe you can be the cupid. Once went to a church which had a dinner and dance planned for everyone and even a guest singer. Some of you maybe able to share other activities that you have been apart of, with the rest of us. Lots of churchs have senior group activities these days.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2011 - 11:45AM #53
KIND6004

Is all of the effort you put into love, do you believe love is the only reason someone should marry?

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2011 - 2:31PM #54
teilhard

It's about LIFE ... of which "Love" is a Part ...

Jan 13, 2011 -- 11:45AM, KIND6004 wrote:

Is all of the effort you put into love, do you believe love is the only reason someone should marry?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2011 - 12:26AM #55
KIND6004

Yes, I Think, you have to know what you want out of Life, an you have to know what you want in a relationship, if its love, if its just gratification, and if its to further your happiness in life. Can you be happy if all your contacts are only about gratification? What if your changing your direction slows your chances of having what the world describes as a meaningful relationship, should you lower your standards? OR GODS STANDARDS?

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2011 - 8:30AM #56
KIND6004

Well, I Know some of you are already married, But maybe you have let the polish on your LOVE wear thin, in other words you have started taking some things for granted like saying thank you, and please honey. But its not too late, usually during valentines a lot of churchs have rededication services for married couples who go thru a refresher of their marriage vows, they get a certificate and other Goodies, a  photograph of the occasion, you can put on all your finery, and get all dressed up, invite those who were not even an idea, when you had your first vows, like children or grandchildren, and their spouses. Maybe there was a child in the oven so you eloped or went to the justice of the peace. But now you can stand up in church with others who are restating their vows. I am one of those who wish I Could say I HAD as many years of you have of wedded bliss. But it still makes me blush to hear others tell their how we met stories, or HOW WE KNEW when we were in love STORIES. SO you can shop around in your community, and find out which church is doing this in your town. Or if you are a pastor, or senior elder, then you can establish this tradition in your church. It does not matter if this is less then 2-3, since marriages are having a hard time now. Making it maybe even a post marital course or a trip to one of those marriage camps michigan had one established in Muskegon michigan. Okay get excited, this can be your hot date for valentines. Make it special maybe set up a restaurant for family to go to after the occasion, or if you are someone with a magic touch in the kitchen you can invite them over to your place afterwards.

Some of you I Know who are married and peaking in here are dying to tell us your HOW WE MET STORIES SO GO AHEAD TELL IT HONEY...

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2011 - 11:00AM #57
teilhard

I was in Grad School at Seminary ... I had noticed a BABE who was a first-year Student ...

I saw her in the Library, reading one of my FAVORITE Books by one of my FAVORITE Authors ...

Seeing my chance, I mentioined to her how much I LOVED that Book ... Her reply, "I don't like it ... "

So ... A "Pick-Up-Line" that DIDN'T "work" (at first) ... But I had found an excuse to speak to her ... We later became an "Item" ...

Jan 18, 2011 -- 8:30AM, KIND6004 wrote:

Well, I Know some of you are already married, But maybe you have let the polish on your LOVE wear thin, in other words you have started taking some things for granted like saying thank you, and please honey. But its not too late, usually during valentines a lot of churchs have rededication services for married couples who go thru a refresher of their marriage vows, they get a certificate and other Goodies, a  photograph of the occasion, you can put on all your finery, and get all dressed up, invite those who were not even an idea, when you had your first vows, like children or grandchildren, and their spouses. Maybe there was a child in the oven so you eloped or went to the justice of the peace. But now you can stand up in church with others who are restating their vows. I am one of those who wish I Could say I HAD as many years of you have of wedded bliss. But it still makes me blush to hear others tell their how we met stories, or HOW WE KNEW when we were in love STORIES. SO you can shop around in your community, and find out which church is doing this in your town. Or if you are a pastor, or senior elder, then you can establish this tradition in your church. It does not matter if this is less then 2-3, since marriages are having a hard time now. Making it maybe even a post marital course or a trip to one of those marriage camps michigan had one established in Muskegon michigan. Okay get excited, this can be your hot date for valentines. Make it special maybe set up a restaurant for family to go to after the occasion, or if you are someone with a magic touch in the kitchen you can invite them over to your place afterwards.

Some of you I Know who are married and peaking in here are dying to tell us your HOW WE MET STORIES SO GO AHEAD TELL IT HONEY...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2011 - 1:22PM #58
Want to know

I met my wife in the 1st grade of school. We were in the same class every year until high-school and were together in most classes there. We dated all through high-school and were married right out of school. That was almost 58 years ago and I have never regretted it for a minute. I have never been unfaithful to her. Might be a boring life for some, but never for me. I love her to death and she still turns me on.

"Now we see as through a glass, darkly but then face to face:  now I know in part, but then shall I know even as also I am known."  I Corinthians 13:12
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2011 - 10:45PM #59
KIND6004

Teilhard, and Want to know, You see this is my favorite thing to do when getting the squeeze play from married members at church, When I Ask them, they get all soft eyed, and  they get all mushy, and it gives everyone who starts listening , and everybody stops to listen, ...a warm an fuzzy feeling, like theres hope for the rest of us, even when they are eating out with me at a church dinner, so I dont feel like I am on center stage. OH, OH, MY secret is out dont tell nobody, just keep telling us your HOW YOU MET YOUR HONEY STORIES,.

See I knew such high stats could not have just come from the singles.... fifies plus alone. Now just because you are widowed does not mean you dont have a great love story to tell, I find it also helps the special someone left behind, when they start telling their love story, seems the pain in the heart evaporates even if its temporary. We all know it may be temporary its like going from wearing the dark colors, and then suddenly you are in banana yellow or hot pink or lemon lime, or cherry, with purple on top.  But come on you can share your better half  is up in heaven will get a kick out of it. And now he will not be able to cut in and tell his part, cutting in just when you are telling the best part of your story. You see love is when you know you got it, and like I said in my journal  post today its the greatest gift. I will leave that journal one more day. So it can soak in you know you dont have to wait til feb 14, to tell someone you love them. There are some people hope you are not one that think saying I love you should only be premarriage or once is enough but you would be surprised. What those three words and a hug might do. Okay I Better stop prostylyzing. lol

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2011 - 3:05PM #60
KIND6004

Where is the love, what is the best city to meet someone in? Does anyone know the answer to that question? What is the cheapest place to go on a date? What are some things you can still do for free on a date? What was a fun time when you were younger? What is your favorite place to take your spouse on a date? What do you do to make that someone special fill special. Anyone passing out hugs. Who knows the best date movie? Which star has appeared in the most of them? Anyone else has any trivial questions?

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook