Page 4 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Finding Love in your Fifties
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 4:13PM #31
KIND6004

Dot, I dont think I mentioned without a license, my question is whether we should obey God or man, if laws made are not scriptural should we go along with it. Soon maybe in our generation, they have already passed laws making it okay in some states for same sex to get married that has come ahead of changing the laws for seniors or rules that impact the rights for seniors to marry even though it is biblical for them to get married. only someone who is not impacted by this right can fight for it. The gays got together and they formed groups and they fought for the right to marry still fighting. Who is fighting for seniors? If someone does not speak up or stand up then things will remain the same. If its okay for them to shack up, if its okay for two of the same sex to marry then what is right about seniors having to live outside of the bounds of matrimony.

I looked into that website another member mentioned and thought about signing up have not yet done it even thought of starting up my own meetup.com group. Have not yet. But I like it when laws are biblical. Congressmen and Representatives should be fighting to change the descrepancy of this loop hold in our laws. I dont expect many to stand up with me concerning this arbitrary stance against seniors in our country.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2010 - 4:14PM #32
KIND6004

I was given the phone number for a christian attorney group since I am not at home I do not currently have the phone number it was dealing with the issue of Using Governmental funding for abortions and also helping christians in muslims nations who have been called or imprisoned for accepting Christianity. Its a daily radio on the internet and also has a phone number to list questions, Maybe the initials are ACLU uncertain, in the phone inquiry I asked about the legality of Seniors being denied the right to remarry because of their benefits in the military or other federal programs. I hope this is discussed I will try to contact them on line also. I really feel this is a shame tht marriage a Good and Godly/Holy estate can be denied to seniors and question the churchs refusal to take up this issue.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 12:25PM #33
David

I haven't dated in quite some time...but I have found that good friends more than make up for it..and Beliefnet seems to have some wonderful folks and a great spiritual site....Cool 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 11:22PM #34
Stardove

Feb 23, 2010 -- 12:25PM, David wrote:

I haven't dated in quite some time...but I have found that good friends more than make up for it..and Beliefnet seems to have some wonderful folks and a great spiritual site.... 

David, welcome to Beliefnet and to Aging Gracefully.  Although I am married I have male friends myself.  Friends female and males are a wonderful part of life.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 12:15PM #35
KIND6004

I received a packet from a christian group have not had the chance to read it yet. I have received a lot of different sites for date groups which was not my intent. I want the seniors who have to worry about finances to have a means to marry without worrying that they will have to chose between their benefits or their love. I think this issue is more important then gay rights, next to the abortion issue. Living in south florida which is a high mortality state with aborted infants. Its time the nation rallied around an issue that makes sense.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 08, 2010 - 4:22PM #36
KIND6004

I went to see Iron man movie iteresting. I also read the Black book by Dekker its part of a series called the circle. I am now starting the red book, very interesting is exciting reading. I did not have a date at the movies. I got a senior ticket and watched it up front it was like  violent, and different.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 1:11PM #37
David

I am 53 and I am at the point in my life where a good lady friend is the best thing in the world..someone I can talk to on a gut level..as far as romance...if it's in God's Will..so be it...I am in no hurry for it... 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 31, 2010 - 1:51PM #38
KIND6004

I think you are smart man, I did not see what city you are in. I had thought this tread was dead cuz no one was any longer writing in response. I know that there are a lot of Baby boomers out there still alive. This generation, can not party on forever and there are a few Good men and women although as it says in the last days some hearts would grow cold. You just find it heard probably to find christian females. Not worldly women, ask me to be your friend.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 31, 2010 - 2:16PM #39
Stardove

Host Note:  Click on the black little head of another member, and a menu pops up with several options including seeing the member's profile page and requesting a friendship.

Some AGers are gathered at the AG Group.  See the thread.

You Host ~ Stardove

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2010 - 12:12PM #40
David

finding love at any age is a challange..I just believe in staying busy, doing everyday things and learning new things and doing new hobbies all the time....and take a course in something...great way to meet someone. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook