Page 3 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Finding Love in your Fifties
5 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2010 - 12:23PM #21
KIND6004

I had a few friends i meet on line on my messengers i saved them with hotmail an yahoo but when I heard about them switching or converting i lost them all some of them we had talked for years lived in foriegn countries, when online was a great community. I had been talking to a lot of them for years, so it was a great lost most of us had never met. I use to have the ability to even phone some I meet because long distance calls were free on line unsure if that is still going on my original computer was stolen and so I lost my headphoones never replaced them. I never was into photo /or did not have a televised camera, but some of them did. I went to look at www.meetup.com and saw it was interesting had all kinds of interests and some required members joing others only requirred signing up for meet up days. I think I may go in and sign up in the future for some of them. I recommend otherrs  check it out and let me know what they find.

I am sorry that I miss interpreted what whoolahoop was talking about I am not on twitter on whats the other one where you can locate old friends www.facebook.  I had a freind recently meet sby moback to her home state of kentucky they got engaged this christmas and she also moved back to her home state unfortunately florida or south florida area is my home state. I have considered moving geogia, or carolinas as you get older its harder to pick up in move to an area where you have no family or friends.

I see there are friends who request on this community I have not yet decided to comply. I like being mysterious. Its sort of difficult in this genre. I guess thats how your get a higher level. I dont understand all the levels. Some of the differnt frums I have written on it seems if you do to many comments on one you lose the ability to refine others. I signed on one that asked about your favorite bible type. I have not tho I inquired found my way back there. I also started one about pets my own and seem to have lost that also.

I have friends my goal is a relationship. I have college friends, and hometown friends. Family is not there, I dont know if this area has something to do with it. Really had a lot of drug issues some decades ago, so now no trust. They put someone over the groups at church and if that person does not like you then you are blackballed it seems, even tho its a small church, the pastor seems to take direction only from his group leaders even in a investigation all parties are asked their side of an issue so that puzzles me.  Even church people, seems somewhat remote and distant here they want to see you at the building, working in the bldg but not anything outside, or just one individual is assigned to u to report back to the others if you are not in church even tho they have a church phone book no on calls, but mention how they missed seeing you at church   life should be well rounded. They have a senior group but its made up of a lot of couples but no one sets you up you know with a friend of a friend who is also single. Can anyone recommentd a good chruch in this area for singles seniors?? what if you are sick who notices or pays attention?? if you can  not go out to the grocery store who asks if you need something.?? Whatever happened to southern hospitality?? I think its moved up north, it was warmer reception of its people in michigan.

There was a book can not recall that spoke of cities that had a known good treatement of seniors one that comes to mind as number one was in colorado. A lot of people heading south to retire if you are a couple perhaps.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2010 - 12:36PM #22
KIND6004

Maybe Whoolahoop can explain what kind of friends she has met on line do they go to movies plays concersts visit each others church, or go to plays together or is this a verbal only relationshiip like the sleepless in seattle or what was that second movie that Tom Hanks was in with Meg Ryan where they were emailing each other each day. There was a website I use to belong to that was a lot of emailing they could even sing to each other or do poetry. I can not recall the name of it I had it on my other computer. It was nice. But I dont think computer screen it what fI mean do they noitice when you are sick. Can theydrop by with some chicken soup, do they want to do trips together. I think I prefer to see a person who is a christian not a sexual event but with a future I am not interested in adding to any statistics. Seniiors are becoming one of the highest rising groups with HIv or aids.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2010 - 7:54PM #23
Stardove

KIND,  I have just sent an invite to the private group.  That AG area is somewhat more active.  Many of our members are more active on Facebook these days.  For me that is sad, although I'm on both sites.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 7:13PM #24
KIND6004

I tried to sign you aging gently it told me to reply but nothing really popped up to say yes or know the person who suggested the seatle feed about someone who moved to a different city did not type in the title in a way that allows it to be clicked on to go directly to the page, like www.something.com

it has to highlight on the screen. the above was just a suggestion not an actual site. I am not on face book

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 8:28PM #25
Stardove

Jan 19, 2010 -- 7:13PM, KIND6004 wrote:

I tried to sign you aging gently it told me to reply but nothing really popped up to say yes or know the person who suggested the seatle feed about someone who moved to a different city did not type in the title in a way that allows it to be clicked on to go directly to the page, like www.something.com

it has to highlight on the screen. the above was just a suggestion not an actual site. I am not on face book

The invite to the AG group has a link to click on in the message.  After clicking the link you can accept the invite, if you wish to be a part of the group.

Members can also go to the thread about the private group (located in this forum) and get to the group page to request membership.

Host Aging Gracefully

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2010 - 7:14PM #26
KIND6004

Anyone out there know, Is there a church that will marry seniors who are told they can not be married if they have benefits which they may lose from a previous spouse or from a insurance like military or others. Knowing that this is right before God, what is the priority to do what is ordered even if its not Godly? Any senior Got mrried in the last two weeks.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2010 - 3:48PM #27
DotNotInOz

Jan 25, 2010 -- 7:14PM, KIND6004 wrote:

Anyone out there know, Is there a church that will marry seniors who are told they can not be married if they have benefits which they may lose from a previous spouse or from a insurance like military or others.

Are you asking for a minister that will marry a couple without a marriage license? Maybe it's just me, but I think that's cheating as well as stealing if you mean finding a minister who would marry you without your having a marriage license so that you can keep collecting benefits from a prior marriage.

Knowing that this is right before God, what is the priority to do what is ordered even if its not Godly?

This is a question that I think each person has to answer based on whatever your religious beliefs may be and what your conscience tells you is right.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 12:43AM #28
Stardove

Hi Dot, it good to see you again.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 4:21PM #29
DotNotInOz

::::: waving merrily to Stardove ::::

Hi back atcha.

Just dropping in on B-net now and then. I'm trying to find a real life during the in-betweens. Not much luck as yet... < sassy grin >

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2010 - 11:44PM #30
christobel

Well it's been a while since I've been here, but at one stage, it took so long for pages to load up, so I gave up Smile but I joined that site that has been mentioned Meetup.com, it was good for me because I found a couple of groups I joined that were in my area.

It is hard for people that are over 50 to meet others, because usually our friends are still with partners, they don't want to do things or join groups, they're great in the fact that they don't mind going to the movies or have a coffee, or chit chat, but when you're on your own, you're not getting to meet anyone that way.

I'm not after anyone just for the sake of the passion or the sexual side of things, but it is nice just to have that special someone to be with, to have a meal with, to have a laugh to-gether watching a tv show.

When I was widowed, it didn't bother me not having anyone, then at a later stage, I realised I would like to meet someone, & even went on a dating site on the net, met some very nice men , but no spark there for me, & they didn't seem interested in a platonic relationship.

Then I thought , if I'm going to be on my own, I might as well make the most of it, I looked at all the aspects of the advantages , & realised it was ok to be single, started going on holidays, then started talking to others at the hotels I'd be staying at, chit chatting to people waiting at the airports, swapping emails, & before I knew it, my circle of friends increased.

I even have a friend where we go out, & but he has his place to go , & I have my home.

So I found once I stopped thinking about being on my own , & despite being almost 60 yrs old, I suddenly found people.Smile 

My mind tells me all sorts of stories
but do I have to believe everyone of them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook