Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View Finding Love in your Fifties
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 2:50PM #71
KIND6004

Most personal sites make it impossible to communicate without signing up for sums of money but supposedly this weekend from friday til monday www.eharmoney.com is free til monday sept 5th although it might take you that long to fill out the questinaire, its very indepth. But its a start www.match.com is also another site, or www.christianmingle.com has been advertised recently. And www.seniormatch.com. Do follow the rules about meeting someone in a safe enviroment, might even be good idea, not to give out a home fone, number a cheap throw away fone might be a better investment, probably tiger woods wished someone had given hi this information, although some believe nothing that happens is and accident. So maybe this is your opportunity to try something. I READ THE WINNER OF THE BLOGS CONTEST AND HIS BELIEF THAT ONLY SOMEONE 25 SHOULD GET MARRIED. DID not seem to see that seniors are living longer, and although children prefer their inheritance to be left solely to them, it does not help spending your last days alone especially if thee is someone out there who is not damaged. LET US know what happens notice the ammount of readers are higher in this site, but my suggestion was that you would tell your success storise, dont really find that so the great reveal may not occur on my part.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2012 - 1:24PM #72
KIND6004

i think the count has gone up but the ammount of posts has not really only seventy but they are tasty tid bits, so I Assume many are coming into review. One church I Know has meetings every thursdays where they go over scripture, it use to be at their church site but last two years has started meeting at a restaurant, that is pretty reasonable. I use to really enjoy it when it was at the church, a lot of the members of the group have passed away since I Originally started attending they also have a church school so it use to be that the first and kindergardeners would sing and carol for us during christmas, no music the times I went when it was held at the restaurant, they found this was a lot cheaper the restaurant has a meal for 4.99. without a drink. Now its the time of year that soon the valentines day celebration is coming up, once went to a church that had the couples rededicate themselves in a marriage ceremony even had dancing in a church setting it was nice for the singles they even had a prayer for them, to not leave them out. Lots of things to consider when you met someone when you are older, there are maybe kids involved who worry about losing inheritance, or who controls the ceremony should the parent leave. Some have seen the funeral advantage plans that allow a person to plan their own funerals as an option.

I Still have not been to a meet up meeting did not see subject THAT i was truly interested in there is a senior group up the street tha has different activities for movies, plays and also learning dancing moves, its 25.00 to join, I am thinking about doing that. But there is also a FIU, Senior courses that i get information regarding to learn about different subjects, I Took a nuitrition course about four years back and it was taught by a doctor who survived heart attacks and was willing to share what he had learned. Also they have the silver sneakers plans thru a lot of insurance programs butyou must have your own transportation, some even offer spas or memberships at the local YMCA, For free as an exercise incentive. To help you get moving and to help you get out.

I have done a lot of things over the years even once went to Niagara Falls the Canadian side and took a tour it did not enter my mind until I was there that there would be nothing but newlyweds it was informative tho, and the newlyweds received a certificate upon completion of a tour, unsure why I felt compelled to go to this but the falls were beautiful, and it was exciting to hear all the ways that people had attempted to go over the falls, and see the contraptions they used. Would I have gone if I Thought it thru alone hmm? no so sure,?

Then there was a cruise that use to go out of ft lauderdale to the point of the waters still on american side it was really nice, and they had the Red and purple hats have you considered joining that group for different activities, just to get out, and have an exciting time.

Im thinking about signing up for a cruise this year if i can save up for it should be on my bucket list, go to my college reuniion, get invited yearly have not gone, and hearing all that Tebow is doing with his miracle making plays is an incentive. There are lots of things you can get out and sign up for in this state the new senior is now age 60 all free transportation and activies you have to reach that age use to be 55 years, old I Know a friend who goes to play cards with a group weekly the thing is to get out no one has ever been found climbing up the walls of a house to get to meet you since the fairy tales or for no good reason lol, so let me know some of the things you have actually tried that worked. But mostly whatever you do be safe. Have a happy new year. KEEP THAT SMILE.

rners would come in

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 1:45PM #73
KIND6004

Hmm, just came into the site for the first time in a while, and looked at this group forum, and was surprized to see it had risen to over 10,000 review, certainly not that many posts. I am beginning to think conspiracy to get me to do the great reveal, but the actual suggestion was it would only happen as more of you shared your dating and other love contacts. I have to say there is one thing the nuitrionist that I Told you I Attended thru a college was proud to say he went dancing just about every evening with his wife and dinner, he had outfits, that he had purchased from second hand shops to do his dances, with his wife in, and so did she this was their regular exercise that kept his heart in condition, he had been on local television, as well as had articles done in the sun sentenil news paper regarding his dancing and dinner dates unsure where he located these restaurants, but the last time I contacted him, he was still dancing and still alive, and I believe he is in his late seventies or eighties. So thats a way to get moving that is fun, some of the music these days dont make you want to move your groove thing but if he found someplace I Am sure the music was classy.

So tell your ways you have found love or even expressed it with your spouse some of you have been married for years how to you keep your love fresh and exciting. There was a doctor on the 700 club the other nite he and his wife wrote about keeping marital sex alive.

There is a difference in letting the romance roll down and another in keeping it rolling along. When is the last time you cooked breakfast for your spouse. I was talking to a husband and wife at church they say every saturday they both work they get up and cook a nice hot breakfast he husband starts it out with bacon and his wife does some really good coffee, and a big smile lit his face up when he said she brings it to me, after she makes it, and they sit down to drink and eat the meal together coffee definitely is not the instant type, and then they may have an omelet or eggs scrambled, some pancakes, and he bragged his wifes were the best in the world cuz they are hand made. Not instant not boxed maybe I should have asked her recipe. they dont have any kids yet they have a lingering romance, you can tell by the way they talk about each other one was one side and the other was on the other side, so there was no prompting each other. You could feel their love. They have also done yearly travels even were involved in mission trips to foriegn nations thats how they met.

Now some may be widows who had exciting romantic marriages, you dont have the right to clam up or some are divorcees, but before the big d came up, you had some really hot relationships, so dont you think the d word lets you off the handle. Some of you have been dating and had some exciting romances, maybe they did not end in marriage but left a lasting memory that you treasure, common sharing is good. Put a smile on everyones face that cant be erased.

I Like listening to anyones story of how they met specially older people back then there was romance. Not just one night stands. So whats your story, the mark of tenthousand is not the part of the tell all that was the only part to get me to tell all you must talk and confess, and share, lets get some steam in this room. Also some young bloods have had romantic encounters share just cuz its only been a couple of years does not give you and out. You tied the knot in this generation where the group that is marrying is not what you might expect. Why is that?

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2012 - 1:59PM #74
klm

I met my love in church.    I know thats a place where people say you should try and meet someone.  I never believed it because I never once in all my years attending did I ever meet anyone I was remotely interested in.    Well anyway I meet this guy who seemed at little interesting but I thought no he's not my type.  ( for some reason the churches I attented never had anyone my tpye)    After I got to know him I thoug ht this guy has a great head on his shoulders, has all the together qualities women are always interested in.   I go out with him.    I find out we are so much alike, have the same likes/dislikes etc.   We laughed for hours and never were at a loss for words,  but he wasn't my "type"   Anyway to make a long story short I'll write something I read awhile back.   It said something about being careful not to overlook a gift because it doesn't come wrapped in the right package.      It's so true.  I was so busy looking at the package wrapping.   When I got past the fact that he had rough hands from working with them, didn't wear designer shirts, had a very heavy reginal  etc.. etc.. etc.  I realized I found a gem.    A diamond in the rough.   We are inseparable now.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  Aug 23, 2013 - 7:14AM #75
Nigel201

50 is not so old actually!! And looking at a different perspective, in todays modern word and 50 being the new 30, many singles are steering away from the usual mainstream sites and looking for romance overseas. There has been a huge increase in guys searching Ukrainian singles sites and finding love in one of the many FSU countries.

Twenty years ago it was unheard of, today a very different story.

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Aug 29, 2013 - 07:51PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook