Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Not getting married...not having biological children
5 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2009 - 4:41PM #1
Godgirl

Who here is thinking about not getting married and not having biological children? Just curious. I am one of thoes people for instance. But possibly someday i may marry but i definelty wont have biological children because I dont want to pass my sickness down to them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2009 - 4:43PM #2
Godgirl

My family members have alot of illnesses. I still need to finish college so getting maried during that time or having kids during that time is not an option for me.

If your thinking of not having biological children or not marying...why?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2009 - 5:17AM #3
Unicorn1972

To late for me. . . I AM married and have three biological children  Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2009 - 4:01PM #4
Lily42

I thought I was going to be one of those people, but I ended up getting married last year.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2009 - 5:30PM #5
Bohemiangrrl

* raises hand enthusiastically * ME!!

I'm actually divorced though, but no children.  I got married at 27 and divorced at 29.  I'm 31 now, almost 32 and no way am I going down that road EVER again.

As for children... it's somethng I always wanted and dreamed of, but isn't going to happen for me.  And over time I've grown to accept and embrace this.  I have TONS of friends who are spitting out babies left and right so I'll always have kids around me, and kids to buy presents for and spoil rotton.  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2009 - 8:51PM #6
Phantasm

I'm single and loving it and I'm 30.  I'm not planning on getting married or having kids, genetically or otherwise.  I'm just working on paying down my college debt (which is almost totally whiped out) and just building up my nest egg.  Had a nest egg years ago, fell on extremely hard times, had to dip into it to make up the difference in the bills.  Now I'm working part time and getting other financial help so things are starting to look up for me personally, though I still have A LOOOOOONG way to go yet.

So for the most part I'm just trying to enjoy life.  For the most part I want to stay single.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2009 - 1:08PM #7
Bohemiangrrl

Good for you Phantasm!!  It sounds like you're happy, and that's the most important.

I have a kitty and my own apartment.  I am finally done paying for college, but still working my way out of credit card debt.  But I have no car payments, no mortgage....

I do have a significant other, but we don't live together and neithe of us have any intention of getting married ever. 

I'm pretty lucky.  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2009 - 5:45PM #8
piecesofthewhole

I'm not at all a planner.  I'm sure, before it happened I never could have imagined any "new phase" of my life... My kids, not so much my husband - but what it really means to be married, came completely by accident. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2009 - 4:25PM #9
Evillynnstar

I always thought I would remain single for life. However maybe have a kid or two. Either by a sperm donor or adoption. However I ended up getting married and am very happy with this. However we are putting off children. I sometimes feel like we will never have any. But thats not due physical inability, but finical and really good birth control!

..."jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 8:44AM #10
Kwinters

I'm in my late 30s, have a great relationship and have just started a job a really enjoy.

I've never had kids and have no deep longing for them so I don't see myself being a mother and take careful precaution so I don't fall pregnant by accident.

When I was in my 20s I wanted to get married, and was in a long-term relationship which I thought was going to end in marriage, but it just ended.

Now I'm with a fantastic man who is several years younger than me and I simply don't feel the need to try to push our relationship into a marriage. 

I focus on making him feel happy, loved, sexy and appreciated every day and he does the same in return.  If we keep doing that for the next 30 or 40 years, I'll be completely contented and fulfilled.  If we don't, then he's given me a lot of happiness and I hope I have him.

And that's enough for me.

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook