Post Reply
Switch to Forum Live View Lurkers? Looking for you
5 years ago  ::  May 09, 2009 - 4:17PM #1
Stardove
Posts: 15,552

Why do you think some members or non members will lurk at the forums and not post? 


This question came up in the AG group.   Basically, why do we have so many members who are not posting in group, but all we can imagine lurking (coming to forums or group and reading), but not posting at the AG group.


Also why do people read at forums, like this one and never post? 


Why join a group and not post?


Why go to the same forums and yet never post them?

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 09, 2009 - 5:01PM #2
Neomonist
Posts: 2,705

May 9, 2009 -- 4:17PM, Stardove wrote:


Why do you think some members or non members will lurk at the forums and not post? 




Usually I lurk for a week or so to catch the tenor of the conversations before I jump in. Then there are times like now where something catches my eye.


The few times I've talked to former lurkers, the response was that they were interested in the subject but didn't feel confident enough to post. Seeing as how I spend most of my time here on Bnet in areas concerning mysticism, that is understandable.

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 10, 2009 - 12:51PM #3
Stardove
Posts: 15,552

May 9, 2009 -- 5:01PM, Neomonist wrote:


May 9, 2009 -- 4:17PM, Stardove wrote:


Why do you think some members or non members will lurk at the forums and not post? 




Usually I lurk for a week or so to catch the tenor of the conversations before I jump in. Then there are times like now where something catches my eye.


The few times I've talked to former lurkers, the response was that they were interested in the subject but didn't feel confident enough to post. Seeing as how I spend most of my time here on Bnet in areas concerning mysticism, that is understandable.



Neomonist,


Thanks for posting an answer.  You could come to some of the other forums I host and be right at home.  There are plenty of forums of an esoteric nature here at Beliefnet.  Looking at the Beliefnet Forums page will give you an idea of subjects, since the forums are in different groups.  Look under the community banner for Beliefnet Forums, if you haven't check that page out.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 10, 2009 - 1:22PM #4
Neomonist
Posts: 2,705

May 10, 2009 -- 12:51PM, Stardove wrote:


Neomonist,


Thanks for posting an answer.  You could come to some of the other forums I host and be right at home.  There are plenty of forums of an esoteric nature here at Beliefnet.  Looking at the Beliefnet Forums page will give you an idea of subjects, since the forums are in different groups.  Look under the community banner for Beliefnet Forums, if you haven't check that page out.




I need a remote with a pause before I can get as involved as much as I'd love to - there just isn't enough time in the day, ya know? I have an almost completed writing project underway and I'm hoping the results will allow me to have more time here.


 

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 10, 2009 - 7:28PM #5
Stardove
Posts: 15,552

May 10, 2009 -- 1:22PM, Neomonist wrote:


May 10, 2009 -- 12:51PM, Stardove wrote:


Neomonist,


Thanks for posting an answer.  You could come to some of the other forums I host and be right at home.  There are plenty of forums of an esoteric nature here at Beliefnet.  Looking at the Beliefnet Forums page will give you an idea of subjects, since the forums are in different groups.  Look under the community banner for Beliefnet Forums, if you haven't check that page out.




I need a remote with a pause before I can get as involved as much as I'd love to - there just isn't enough time in the day, ya know? I have an almost completed writing project underway and I'm hoping the results will allow me to have more time here.


 



I do understand how easy it is to get behind in life.  Good luck with finishing you writing project.  At least we can't say we were bored.  Surprised

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 10, 2009 - 7:49PM #6
Neomonist
Posts: 2,705

May 10, 2009 -- 7:28PM, Stardove wrote:


At least we can't say we were bored. 



With the exception of a way too long break, I have been doing this stuff since the days of 2400 baud modems. Except for the old school flame wars, I constantly found exciting things.


It is easier now and there are a lot of pretty campfire stories to listen to.Laughing

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2009 - 5:47PM #7
Marcion
Posts: 2,883

I normally peruse forums to get an idea  of the usual  posters.


Some forums have nasty persons who are using anonymity (so they think) to vent their petty frustrations on others.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2009 - 1:06AM #8
Stardove
Posts: 15,552

Jul 11, 2009 -- 5:47PM, Marcion wrote:


I normally peruse forums to get an idea  of the usual  posters.


Some forums have nasty persons who are using anonymity (so they think) to vent their petty frustrations on others.




Welcome and thank for speaking up.  I know what you mean about some people and their style of posting.  I'm also a co-host at the Hot Topic Zone where the rules are somewhat relaxed.  Some members go after each other at that forum big time.


You will find the members of Aging Gracefully are very supportive.  The issue is you will find them at the group.  There is a sticky thread about the group forming and how to get in.  When a huge change was made in 2007 members felt more exposed here, so a group was started.  If you are 50+ come join in the discussion.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook