Switch to Forum Live View I hate progressive lens
5 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 10:23AM #1
appy20
I really do.  This is my third year wearing them and my second pair of glasses.  I cannot see a flip.  I just turned in an HTML assignment and I had a space wrong. I was told a space is wrong. I cannot see a freaking space error.  The problem is I can't see spaces on the computer very well. 

I actually have hard time with everything visual.  By the time I focus, people have a tendency to move. loL   i KEEP TELLING PEOPLE DON'T MOVE UNTIL i CAN SEE YOU.  LOL    But it is worse with doing html. 

:;sigh:;

Punctuation does not work that well either.  I am going to get another checkup. One problem, my doctor says is that my eyes are changing so rapidly that even a new pair of glasses is outdated in three months.  My two eyes have a vast difference in vision problems.  They aren't bad eyes, but the two cannot work together. 

Anyway, i am going to try and get just a pair of reading glasses.  I am worn out from trying to see that dang space.  I just cannot see it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 10:09AM #2
IreneAdler
Oh yeah. Hear ya on this.

Lately I’ve been making lots of computer typos.  Getting harder to discern 6’s from 8’s and the like.   Thinking of visiting the optometrist but every time I do, I drop a lot of cash and end up with something that makes the print size smaller.  No! No! No!

The mfg manager and I had a discussion on the progressive lenses.  He actually wears two pairs of glasses – one on top of the other – while he does his computer/paper work. I gather that he had an awful time trying to get the optician to make bifocals the way he wanted. The optician was concerned about his physical appearance; hence strongly urged the progressive lenses.  Manager is not into vanity; “just make me what I need- bifocals WITH the line. I want to SEE the line. I don’t care how I look in them.”  I gather the new specs will be in soon.

Irene.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2009 - 2:16PM #3
lollycraft
I am on my second set of progressive lens and I love them.  My eye doc made them for computer work and reading which is what I do most.  I have noticed that I need to wear them more because now I can't see the guide on the tv.  I can see it fine with my glasses.  The only trouble I have is sometimes going down stairs but it is all in the way you look through them.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook