Switch to Forum Live View I just got in this thread about a minute ago....
5 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 7:02PM #1
EyesoftheWorld
Hey folks. I finally got around to seeing what the "social chat" scene was about. I've been on BNet for a few months...
I'm into Taoism, Poetry, Music, Occult matters, Astrology, Tarot...
I just turned 33 3 weeks ago.
I was in a number of "Groups" but they seemed wicked chaotic so I dropped membership in all but two.
This could be fun, so here I am.
this may be "bad form" posting a whole thread dedicated to my arrival. Call me self centered! That reminds me of a joke...

Did anyone catch the "LA Woman" reference?
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2008 - 5:43PM #2
GodsLostOne
Hello, EyesoftheWorld!

Hi, I'm Rachel.

I do know quite a bit about the Occult, and Pagan religions. My brother is a High Priest, and I too have some experience in it. Strangely I have a calling to Christianity as God came to me in a dream one night and it had just shattered what I was following at the time.

Groups online do seem to attract drama of some sort, which is why I don't stick to one forum for too long.

So how are you doing?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2008 - 7:34PM #3
holyone30num1
this is my first time didnt know bn had this cool anyways take care
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 2:18PM #4
Elijiah101
[QUOTE=EyesoftheWorld;840958]Hey folks. I finally got around to seeing what the "social chat" scene was about. I've been on BNet for a few months...
I'm into Taoism, Poetry, Music, Occult matters, Astrology, Tarot...
I just turned 33 3 weeks ago.
I was in a number of "Groups" but they seemed wicked chaotic so I dropped membership in all but two.
This could be fun, so here I am.
this may be "bad form" posting a whole thread dedicated to my arrival. Call me self centered! That reminds me of a joke...

Did anyone catch the "LA Woman" reference?[/QUOTE]

What did you think of the weather this summer?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 7:38PM #5
EyesoftheWorld
Hi Rachel, I checked out your Profile. I read "Jane Eyre" in college... interesting book.

I'm well! how are you?

I think I'll send you a freind request.

take care!

[QUOTE=GodsLostOne;850329]Hello, EyesoftheWorld!

Hi, I'm Rachel.

I do know quite a bit about the Occult, and Pagan religions. My brother is a High Priest, and I too have some experience in it. Strangely I have a calling to Christianity as God came to me in a dream one night and it had just shattered what I was following at the time.

Groups online do seem to attract drama of some sort, which is why I don't stick to one forum for too long.

So how are you doing?[/QUOTE]
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 7:50PM #6
EyesoftheWorld
[QUOTE=Elijiah101;851641]What did you think of the weather this summer?[/QUOTE]

You know, this is very funny question! I thought to myself, "What a basic question" and I thought maybe you know where I'm from but I'm not sure you do...
I then thought maybe it was like a humorous kind of thing, the way strangers interact.

Ultimately though I can't tell if there's anything other than a very general question about the weather this summer.

The weather did not surprise me. I enjoyed it. I marvel that the Earth has such temperate weather, you know, not not enough to roast us and not cold enough to freeze everyone...

The way water behaves, going from ice to liquid to gas is really a lynchpin of life on Earth... also, the way water freezes from the top down is crucial...

the potential power of weather is staggering when you think of hurricanes and tornadoes.. then lightning! holy smokes!

I learned a few months ago about how the polar ice caps play a pivotal role in cooling the ocean's waters... without their cooling effect, the oceans' temperatures would get "too warm" and cause many devastating hurricanes. the lack of ice caps would also stop the circulation, which is caused by the temperature disparity...

the ocean would stagnate and eventually become toxic...
the Earth and life as we know if would be in trouble..
though the Earth actually has a very long cycle that would set things right, but that cycle is I think millions of years long....
did you know oil deposits are made up from decayed plankton?!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook