Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Aging Gracefully Group ~ Private
7 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 12:06PM #1
Stardove

Aging Gracefully Group

I have set up a private group where members will have to be approved. If a member is not yet 50+ they will not be allowed in. All postings will be kept private. No one except those who join will be able to see the postings.    I have sent out some invites to my friends that I know are AGers. If you didn't receive an invitation either we are not yet connected as friends or I missed your name. (sorry :o)   My aim is to give 50+ members a place where they feel safe to talk to each other without non-group members being able to read the posts. 

If you have not given an age on your profile and wish to join the group please at least put 50+. Unless I know you are for sure an AGer (50+) I will not be approving membership to the group.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 1:48PM #2
Softsilk
as always, thanks Stardove. I couldn't get over there fast enough. :-)
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. --  Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 1:56PM #3
elisa9511
Hello Stardove and Softsilk..is this the place we need to be..?...or do we have to go to our profile page and go from there...me confused
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 2:36PM #4
VBallR
Bye Bye y'all!  I am really going to miss you guys.  Since I'm actually only 48 1/2 I won't be allowed into the new Group.

Maybe I'm one of the ones that you all are trying to get away from :eek:
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 4:13PM #5
Softsilk
oh. dear. emphatically NOT Val; you are part of this very community and we can't go forward without you.

this is one of the glitches of an otherwise excellent idea. suggestions anybody?

AND I've also wondered: what if somebody totally new comes along and would want to join the Aging Gracefully group? I mean that's how I first found the forum and was welcomed in wholeheartedly. so we've gotta figure that glitch out too

come on everybody; crunch up the gray matter. problem solving time.
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. --  Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 5:07PM #6
elisa9511
Our "beef" at least mine..was not with the people ..it was with the "Format"

Setting it to 50 + is not a good idea..Aging Gracefully is eveyone's goal

Many young people are kindred spirits..many years ahead of their time..and are so open to us..lets not let that happen

Setting it to private...well Iike that idea..but not a private club...

My suggestion to Stardove would be to allow anyone to join..just keep it private..

Could not imagine VAL not being a part of Aging Gracefully..her posts are delightful..and full of love and grace and understanding..

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 6:53PM #7
Stardove

VBallR wrote:

Bye Bye y'all! I am really going to miss you guys. Since I'm actually only 48 1/2 I won't be allowed into the new Group.

Maybe I'm one of the ones that you all are trying to get away from :eek:

It doesn't have to be a hard/fast rule. VBallR please send a request. :) Your in.

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 7:23PM #8
Earlyspring
Yipee~~~~

I  Clicked on~~~~~ is that enough? 

Early
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 7:30PM #9
Stardove

Earlyspring wrote:

Yipee~~~~

I Clicked on~~~~~ is that enough?

Early

Yes Early! You are in the group. :)

I'll have to get use to checking for new member requests.  My other group is open, so anyone can join without approval. 

We currently have nine members. :D I just approved two that I missed sending out an invite.

If you got an invite there is no need for approval.

If you didn't receive an invite, please go to the link and request to join. Thanks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 23, 2008 - 2:10AM #10
DonnaMarilyn
This is good, StarDove, though with luck it will be simply a temporary measure. (-:

I'm still hoping that BNet will finally see the light and give us back the group and the easy-to-locate
space of our own, the way it used to be.

Donna
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook