Switch to Forum Live View Hi, very new to this, beats house work!!!
6 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2008 - 8:27AM #1
Nic
Hi to everyone, including boodlebear!  very new to this but finding it really interesting.  Anyone out there from England?  Can you tell me of any other interesting forums to go to?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 11:08AM #2
silveye
how is life?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2008 - 12:07AM #3
GodsLostOne
Hi Nic...how's England? I live in the states...originally from Pennsylvania.

I hope you're doing ok.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 7:20PM #4
EyesoftheWorld
Hi Nic! I was contemplating which forums to refer you to (I'll do that at the end of this post if I remember), so I went to your profile.

What struck me was your reference to looking to interact with those who have lost a loved one....
My mom passed away back in 1999 at age 58.
My sister was and still is rather torn up about it; to her, it was unfair for various reasons into which I won't go at the moment.

My integration of our mother's death, variations of which I have articulated to my sister countless times over the last 9 years, is basically as follows (i've generalized it a bit for obvious reasons of relating):
Everybody dies. To take such a natural process deeply personally, as if "God" or the Universe was punishing either you or the departed I feel indicates a rather warped perspective. There is much to be grateful for when you think of how much time you had together with that person. They were suffering and had no possibility of recovery and to have wanted them to "stay" was actually a bit self-centered, considering the quality of life they had for the last few months. There was a tremendous feeling of relief after the death. It actually gave me another perspective on the term "Grateful Dead" - I had thought it interesting how such a combination of words necessarily implies the deceased can have a state of mind; that state of mind being grateful is rather counterintuitive, but can be enlightening. When living has become little more than suffering, death must be quite a relief.

Some forums I enjoy are: Paganism, Pantheism, Esoteric Practices and Taoism.

See you around!
by the way, did you by any chance see the Grateful Dead when they played in England in '72, '81 or '90?
There's an official four cd release entitled "Stepping Out with the Grateful Dead" which is a compilation of their various performances in England from the Spring of 1972 during their legendary European tour. You may enjoy it. There are a few songs that are apt in relation to this post. they are:
Brokedown Palace
Black Peter

And one more thing, what do you know about Aleister Crowley?
Thanks!
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2008 - 12:02AM #5
GodsLostOne
Hey if you need any info regarding Aleister Crowley, I know quite a bit about him. My brother follows some of his teachings actually.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2008 - 6:22PM #6
EyesoftheWorld
You again! haha. I didn't get to see this thread yesterday... I had planned to hit you up to be my Friend and this just is like a kicker or something...
talk to you soon.
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2009 - 9:35AM #7
J.A.B.2007

Apr 3, 2008 -- 8:27AM, Nic wrote:

Hi to everyone, including boodlebear! very new to this but finding it really interesting. Anyone out there from England? Can you tell me of any other interesting forums to go to?

I know it sure does beat housework doesn't it. I am not from England, sorry. But I do frequent Beliefnet on occasion. Okay, so that in itself is a paradox. I wonder if they also have a Beliefnet UK site. Perhaps they do. Otherwise, I know people from all over the world that I have sometimes met here.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook