Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2008 - 3:26PM #1
jeanniewes
[INDENT]Only women of a certain era will fully appreciate this true story.   ;).........Men? Well they will just think we're silly women....:p
Years ago, a Michigan woman and her family were vacationing in a small New England town where Paul Newman and his family often visited.
One Sunday morning, the woman got up early to take a long walk.  After a brisk five-mile hike, she decided to treat herself to a double-dip chocolate ice cream cone.
She hopped in the car, drove to the center of the village and went straight to the combination bakery/ice cream parlor.
There was only one other patron in the store.
Paul Newman, sitting at the counter having a doughnut and coffee.
The woman's heart skipped a beat as her eyes made contact with those famous baby-blue eyes.
The actor nodded graciously and the star-struck woman smiled demurely.
"Pull yourself together!," she chided herself.  "You're a happily married woman with three children. You're forty-five years old, not a teenager!"
The clerk filled her order and she took the double-dip chocolate ice cream cone in one hand and her change in the other. Then she went out the door, avoiding even a glance in Paul Newman's direction.
When she reached her car, she realized that she had a handful of change but her other hand was empty.
"Where's my ice cream cone? Did I leave it in the store?" she wondered to herself out loud.

Back into the shop she went, expecting to see the cone still in the clerk's hand or in a holder on the counter or something.  No ice cream cone was in sight.
With that, she happened to look over at Paul Newman.
His face broke into his familiar warm, friendly grin and he said to the woman,
[/INDENT][INDENT]

"You put it in your purse!"   :D

[/INDENT]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2008 - 3:35PM #2
moody45
lol.............nice one!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2008 - 3:43PM #3
jeanniewes
Thank U. I thought we needed a place too post funny things.  I didnt want too steal Susans idea on 'Just for Laughs' so we will 'see' how this one takes off.....
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2008 - 3:48PM #4
moody45
We used to have a nice clean joke thread, unlike some on beliefnet i could mention!.....lol
Why not start a dedicated thread?
How is Susan?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2008 - 3:56PM #5
jeanniewes
Double post...RATS!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2008 - 3:57PM #6
jeanniewes
She injured her ankles during the CHRISTmas Holiday. She fell down a flight of steps..She has been  on crutches every since.  She's on a therapy program for the swollen ankles..She is better now and down too One Crutch.  She's been out of work for several weeks and I know she's bored at being in the house so much.  I'll tell her you asked about her...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2008 - 2:43AM #7
moody45
Thanks Jen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2008 - 8:40AM #8
pmcarol121
You could say one gooey mess  but how did you fit an ice cream cone in a purse , mind mind boggles
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2008 - 10:00AM #9
jeanniewes
A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph 's Hospital. She timidly asked,"Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?" The operator said "I'll be glad to help, dear. What's the name and room number?" The grandmother in her weak tremulous voice said, "Norma Findlay, Room 302. "The Operator replied, "Let me place you on hold while I check with her nurse" After a few minutes the Operator returned to the phone, "Oh, Good news. Her nurse has told me that Norma is doing very well. Her blood pressure is fine: her blood work just came back as normal and her Physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged Tuesday."The Grandmother said, "Thank you. That's wonderful! I was so worried! God bless you for the good news."The operator replied, "You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?" The Grandmother said, "No, I'm Norma Findlay in 302. No one tells me anything."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2008 - 10:02AM #10
jeanniewes
Snow Storm

One winter morning during breakfast, a husband and wife in northern Minnesota were listening to the radio. They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have eight to ten inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even-numbered side of the street so that the snowplows can get through."

So, the good wife went out and moved her car.

A week later, while they are eating breakfast again, the radio announcer said, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the odd-numbered side of the street so that the snowplows can get through."

The good wife went out and moved her car again.

The next week, they are again having breakfast, when the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You must park..."

Then the electric power went out. The good wife was very upset and with a worried look on her face, she said, "Honey, I don't know what to do. Which side of the street do I need to park on so that the snowplows can get through?"

With love and understanding in his voice, the husband replied, "Why don't you just leave it in the garage this time?"
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook