Switch to Forum Live View Announcement look up
7 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2007 - 9:01PM #1
Stardove
Yes, there is an announcement at the top of the topics. You can check out the link's there. FOX has entered a deal with Beliefnet.

I also came across a video with Steve explaining why the merger with Beliefnet and FOX.

Beliefnet's Big News :o
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2007 - 10:00PM #2
JoAllison
I saw that earlier (posted on both the blog & the thread there) & I appreciate you finding the video.

As I said there, while I'm not thrilled with the connection to Fox news, I am encouraged by the connections to Zondervan, Harper One, HarperCollins, and the National Geographic Channel. The latter four do good & respected work.

It is interesting to be sure. Change is often disconcerting, but growth doesn't come without change. I'm not negative, but I'm not yet as positive as I would like to be. I will wait & see, but with hope for good things to come. And I will be willing to wait out the stumbles caused by change to see what happens. 

The one thing I hope comes out of it is that they can now afford to hire enough techs to fix all the glitches in the new forums quickly! Or is that too much to ask for....
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 1:07PM #3
Softsilk
grumble grumble GRUMBLE!! it's NOT just about change this time...it's about free speech. why did they have to go and make themselves so attractive that mega-business wanted to swoop them up!!!! drats. and grumble.
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. --  Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 2:24PM #4
golfdad9
[FONT="Times New Roman"]I'm in agreement with Softsilk (post 4). I frequently use a phrase, which like all generalizations is often untrue, but covers a lot of situations. Money ruins everything!  (Except when it's in my checking account, of course.)
We shall see; more will be revealed.
[/FONT]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 2:31PM #5
Giliana
Not thrilled, either.  Be ready to pay dues, sooner or later, which I would have been pleased to do, if BN had simply remained BN.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 1:07PM #6
Softsilk
grumble grumble GRUMBLE!! it's NOT just about change this time...it's about free speech. why did they have to go and make themselves so attractive that mega-business wanted to swoop them up!!!! drats. and grumble.
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. --  Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 2:24PM #7
golfdad9
[FONT="Times New Roman"]I'm in agreement with Softsilk (post 4). I frequently use a phrase, which like all generalizations is often untrue, but covers a lot of situations. Money ruins everything!  (Except when it's in my checking account, of course.)
We shall see; more will be revealed.
[/FONT]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 2:31PM #8
Giliana
Not thrilled, either.  Be ready to pay dues, sooner or later, which I would have been pleased to do, if BN had simply remained BN.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 5:11PM #9
elisa9511
Interesting that Fox owns MySpace...

I think we will be able to communicate and enjoy our BN for free...
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook