Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2007 - 5:18PM #1
Stardove
If you are a guest currently on Beliefnet welcome to this forum.

AGers, I just discovered if you jump to Who's Online you can see who and where people are posting/reading. There were 10 pages with 20 people per page. Three and 1/2 pages were members and six 1/2 pages were guests.

When I checked we had a guest, so hence the post.

Annie, I it was a snake guess what? :D Still finding out things about the new community.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2007 - 5:27PM #2
CarpathianPeasant
"Guest" probably means anyone who is not logged in.  They may be a member, but just not logged in or they may be a new person looking around. 

Personally, I don't stay logged in and don't log in unless I want to post a message, so one of these "guests" at some point was probably me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2007 - 9:01PM #3
aws720k
Well....I must object! :mad:

Why should anyone other than possibly the administrators have access to such information? That's another reason I prefer being anonymous to the public's eyes here in B'net's forums, even though this is the only board I visit on a daily basis. The dialogue groups can be closed/private, thank goodness.

Annie
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2007 - 9:17PM #4
aws720k
Oops! Silly me...I'm not anonymous. I've just chosen to be hidden from view until I post. Once I'm here I'm completely open for the world to see. :D

Annie

P.S. Yes, Stardove, that snake would have gotten both of us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 12:02AM #5
Stardove

aws720k wrote:

Well....I must object! :mad:

Why should anyone other than possibly the administrators have access to such information? That's another reason I prefer being anonymous to the public's eyes here in B'net's forums, even though this is the only board I visit on a daily basis. The dialogue groups can be closed/private, thank goodness.

Annie

It is a little scary to be able to go to the who's online and see exactly what people are up to. :o

CP makes a good point about the guests could be members who haven't logged in. But there were so many more guests than members when I looked.

I am so tired of that ad that keeps popping up. I even sat through the entire thing thinking maybe if I viewed it the darn thing wouldn't keep coming up every time I click on something. Didn't change a thing. It still comes up. :(

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 11:33AM #6
BirdTattoo
I know someone who works for the US government as a computer spy.  It's one of those "If I tell you exactly what I do, I'll have to kill you" kinds of jobs.

It is creepy, IMO, that now everyone can know every move we make at Beliefnet.  At least they can't hear us yelling at the irritating ads.   Or can they?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 11:33AM #7
BirdTattoo
I know someone who works for the US government as a computer spy.  It's one of those "If I tell you exactly what I do, I'll have to kill you" kinds of jobs.

It is creepy, IMO, that now everyone can know every move we make at Beliefnet.  At least they can't hear us yelling at the irritating ads.   Or can they?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2007 - 3:21PM #8
aws720k
It's so strange how many members, as well as guests or members who haven't logged in, view threads without being compelled to post a response. I thought my habit was unique! :o

"Big Brother" stuff makes me very uncomfortable, especially when it includes any/and everybody. And yet it's interesting to see what subjects people gravitate to when under the auspices of anonymity.

Annie
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2007 - 3:48PM #9
steppewanderer
The statistic I find interesting is this one:

"Members: 529,127, Active Members: 10,163 "

A half a million members!  Even though some of those are probably duplicates and triplicates, and even though only some 10 thousand of those have posted recently, it gives me some idea of the traffic that Beliefnet receives.  And if there are that many people who go to the trouble to sign up and post, there are surely many many more who just come to read.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 8:30PM #10
golfdad9
Stardove:
When I access the list of threads for the 50+ forum, I find, currently, very few that have recent posts -- past two days, or so.  Back in the ante-deluvian period, before the B'net switch to the new format, I found MANY.  At least, that's my impression.  Did we lose some people?  Am I confused?  Or both?  LOL
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook