Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 2:47PM #21
aws720k
Personally, I abhore children's beauty pageants, but I think there're many other ways one could say parents are allowing their children to be exploited....modeling, acting, gymnastics and cheerleading quickly come to mind. I don't know where you draw the line.

Child predators get their kicks from watching children at play on playgrounds or simply walking outside their door. It doesn't take them being dressed up like little adults for a perverted mind to project a sick image.

Annie
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 3:06PM #22
alquest

aws720k wrote:

Personally, I abhore children's beauty pageants, but I think there're many other ways one could say parents are allowing their children to be exploited....modeling, acting, gymnastics and cheerleading quickly come to mind. I don't know where you draw the line.

Child predators get their kicks from watching children at play on playgrounds or simply walking outside their door. It doesn't take them being dressed up like little adults for a perverted mind to project a sick image.

Annie

I don't know gymnastics, unless it is taken to extremes, but I agree the other activities you mention can exploit children. Cheerleading  has never really caught on in the UK, that seems to be an American activity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 3:23PM #23
alquest
Wasn't the child found in the cellar of her home? If that was the case it is logical for the parents to be suspects until proved otherwise.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 2:47PM #24
aws720k

Annie
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 3:06PM #25
alquest

aws720k wrote:

Annie

I don't know gymnastics, unless it is taken to extremes, but I agree the other activities you mention can exploit children. Cheerleading  has never really caught on in the UK, that seems to be an American activity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 3:23PM #26
alquest
Wasn't the child found in the cellar of her home? If that was the case it is logical for the parents to be suspects until proved otherwise.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 8:15PM #27
k-bearsmom
RIGHT ON LITTLE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I won't go into the extent the Denver papers went to to HANG the Ramsey's but the most peculiar was the assertion...1st, they were these wierd off the wall Christians,therefore they did it...2nd, they were these evil satanists, therefore they did it!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 11:15PM #28
Earlyspring
BAck to Maddies disappearance~~~~

Suppose the parents are Guilty as Rose  Mary  thinks is possible~~~~  what did they do with the BODY of the 3 year old.????? Remember they are in a foreign country~~~

Their friends are all having dinner with them, and checking on their children, at different times. Only Maddie disappeared.

Where is the body? How would ,,, or could they dispose of a BODY?????
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 11:54PM #29
Giliana
Actually, this was presented on 48 Hours Mystery, tonight.  I began watching, but now being so aged, I dozed off, most unfortunately, there being a year's difference between today and yesterday.  Will try to catch it later on, from elswhere.  I suspect one goes about disposal of a body the same way in Portugal, as one would anywhere else. I can't see that their having been in a foreign country has anything to do with supposed guilt or innocence.  It was also stated that the children were left unattended, without being checked on, at all, for three hours.  The story one hears has variances, depending on the station one listens to, as usual.

Lady, yes, I believe you have a point
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2007 - 12:52AM #30
Giliana
ES, in response to your question, have just come from watching "America's Most Wanted", also about the same case The area wherein the McCanns stayed consists of miles of deserted, rocky beaches and a maze of long culverts, scattered throughout.  There were two excavations, which occurred in the vicinity of the resort, at the time the child disappeared and which were filled in almost immediately after her disappearance. The town's garbage was picked up at midnight, that  particular night, so there are endless possibilities ...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook