Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View What do you love about your 40s?
5 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2009 - 4:44PM #61
Mr2020

What do love about the 40's?

I am 43, and I feel like I am 18 again.

I have the energy of youth, and the experience of a few extra decades.

Still young enough that the teens will listen to me, since I am "cool".

Old enough that I "know better" than to take myself to seriously.

I've got another 40 to 80 years left, my focus now, is what kind of vision do I choose to live?

What kind of vision do I want to leave behind for others to emulate?

Life rocks!

Twenty Twenty

That guy who really did change his name to the number of perfect vision, because YOU living your vision matters!

The Rants of Mr. Twenty Twenty

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2009 - 2:10PM #62
Uncleyin

At the moment, everything is great - I don't have a care in the world and am at peace with who I am.  The only problems are with some sections of society, usually younger and successful have issues with the perceived lifestyle I have.  There are a-holes everywhere.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2009 - 4:45PM #63
appy20

I think many of us get to a certain age and we define success differently--in a way that does not make sense to the younger generation.  I know that I define it differently.  Success is smaller and this is not resignation of any sort.  It is a peace as you said.  I am where I want to be.  I don't want any "more."  That baffles those younger and still striving.  Which is natural.  That is what they are supposed to do at that age.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2012 - 7:28AM #64
harsk

Oct 25, 2007 -- 10:50PM, Anesis wrote:

So far, I have spent my 40's in university and dealing with issues from family of origin, so I must say I'm not having too much fun. I thought it would be hard to go back to university, being with kids who could be my children! But I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of others my age are returning as well, for various reasons that pertain to midlife in this society. We might be the oldies there, but it seems that the young ones are fully accepting and supporting of us returning to school. Life doesn't begin at 40 - it begins after university! I have been very fortunate, too, to return to school and be somewhat more financially secure than I was when I was just starting out, too. I really can't complain, but school is consuming and I don't feel like I'm really living. An

Well done for braving university in your 40s. You weren't scared of by being the only middleaged student among a crowd of 20 somethings? like I was. Lets hope more men and women in there 40s and 50s do the same thing

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2012 - 12:52PM #65
Anesis

Thanks, harsk. No fear. It was a hard time at first, but my last two years there were actually great. I graduated in Dec. 2010 on the dean's list, and there were less than a dozen of us. During my last two terms, my son got very sick and I spent more than 25 hours a week just commuting to the hospital and back, so I never even cracked a textbook. Since graduating, I have found a great job in my field, and my son is well on his way to recovery. My 40's are not turning out too badly after all, and my previous challenges were worth it!

Are you in school in your 40's? If you are, I wish you much success and fulfillment as you pursue your dreams!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook