Page 1 of 57  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57 Next
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 4:29PM #1
liddlelun
Well, it looks as though it's time to renew The Porch.  Again.  For those of us who have been coming here for the past few years, welcome back!  For those of you who have never visited The Porch, let me explain what it's all about. 

The Porch is a place where friends gather to chat a bit about their day, and what is going on in their lives.  This lovely old Porch is situated here at the home of TheServant.  The Servant invited us here one lovely day several years ago, and we loved it so dearly that we never left.  And even though The Servant has moved on to other places and doesn't come to the house anymore, he very kindly gave us the use of The Porch to enjoy whenever we take the notion to.

Here are the exact words of TheServant from the first day he invited all of us to The Porch...

"I am a firm believer that the best times in life are spent on the porch of an old home. There I learned from listening (eavesdropping) on the my parents and their company the very secrets of life. I spend every chance I can get waking each day starting anew and ending from this perch. It is a quiet repast from the dailys and what it has presented us. The Porch is a family place and for those who yearn for the quiet times in their lives which we so richly deserve.

Won't you join me in a moment of days gone by?

ts" (The Servant)"

God bless you TS, wherever you are.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 4:34PM #2
liddlelun
Well, look at us!  The neighborhood is certainly going through some changes, eh?  Well, the scenery may have changed, but I think The Porch will always be the same wonderful old place. 

For those who may come to visit, who have never been to The Porch, I would like to add a few comments if I may.  There is no host or hostess here, although I usually end up writing the introductions to each new Porch .  All are welcome here, all are equal.  There is one rule and one rule only, no political or religious discussions are allowed because no arguing is allowed here.  The Porch is a refuge from all strife, chaos, and upset.  Here everyone gets along.  Can you imagine?  A place where everyone is in harmony with one another!  That is a special kind of magic, is it not?  And that magic has spilled over to The Porch in other ways. 

It has been discovered that here on The Porch one can eat ANYTHING and not gain weight, raise their cholesterol, or sodium and sugar levels.  Imagine!  One can drink adult alcoholic beverages and not get drunk. One can talk endlessly and proudly about their beloved pets, children, or grandchildren, and no one will roll their eyes at it, because we all understand, because we all do it.  One can come here to share a heartache, or a joy, and there will always be someone on The Porch who will lend an ear, a shoulder, a hug, a smile, a laugh.  Friendship.  That's what The Porch is all about.  A little bit of Heaven right here on earth.  A place to share thoughts, a place to unwind after a long day.  The Porch is a place where we can take our memories out of storage, dust them off, and share them with others. 

So, if you're an old timer here on The Porch, welcome back.  If you're new to The Porch, we welcome you.  We are glad you found your way here.  Sit in the old swing if you'd like, or pull up a rocker.  There's a small table under the window where we all leave snacks.  Grab a cup of hot tea from the bottomless carafe, a bite of whatever looks yummy to you, and sit a spell.  Put your feet up, close your eyes, and listen to the sounds of The Porch.  Here the birds are always singing, the crickets are always chirping, the leaves always gently rustling, and friends are always laughing.  We hope you'll like us enough to stay.   

Welcome to The Porch my friends!           

;~D
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 4:34PM #3
Softsilk
ah. The Porch made the move with us. cool.

I'll just sit here and look out at the evening with a blanket over my legs to keep me warm and sip on a cup of warm cocoa...just look at those stars, y'all. (it's 10:35 pm where I am right now)

Maggie
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. --  Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 5:52PM #4
Stardove
(((((((liddlelun)))))))

Thank you for bringing the Porch to the new forums. Annie and I were talking about you on the Porch at the discussions. Were your ears burning? I'm so glad you finally made it over here and honored TheServant.

Can we also be any age we choose as we gather on the Porch? :confused:

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 8:03PM #5
liddlelun
My pleasure!  It's an honor to be asked to introduce each new Porch.  Thank you all for asking me!

Can we be any age we choose, on The Porch??? 
Absolutely!  Why not?!?  So, be my guest, and roll back the years any time you'd like!

Your Porch picture is just absolutely perfect!  I love it! 

;~D
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 9:52PM #6
aws720k
dear ((Liddlelun)) ~ You're a sweetheart to set up the Porch again for us. It seems we'll need it even more often than usual as a reprieve from the aggravations of dealing with SO many new features in this site. [I love Stardove's photo, too!]

Tonight I think I'll just make a quick pitstop before watching a little TV.

The coffee's delicious!

Later! ~ Annie
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 10:52PM #7
jeanette1
Liddlelun
Thanks sooo much for bringing the porch here. It is going to be a life saver for those of us who are stressed out over finding our way around our new digs..lol. I for one am still very confused. It does feel like a real life move! That's the crazy thing for me ..lol. I feel like I should be unpacking boxes or something.

Annie I'm going to join you in a cuppa and curl up and read a book..I need to decompress.

Stardove..I love the picture !  :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 10:52PM #8
jeanette1
Liddlelun
Thanks sooo much for bringing the porch here. It is going to be a life saver for those of us who are stressed out over finding our way around our new digs..lol. I for one am still very confused. It does feel like a real life move! That's the crazy thing for me ..lol. I feel like I should be unpacking boxes or something.

Annie I'm going to join you in a cuppa and curl up and read a book..I need to decompress.

Stardove..I love the picture !  :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 2:18PM #9
VBallR
Good afternoon all.  I've brought some Drumsticks for all of us to enjoy.  This brings back wonderful memories from long ago when I used to "set" on grandma's porch.  She had a glider and we would rock and eat Drumsticks, you know, the ice cream cones with peanuts on top?  Yummy!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 2:55PM #10
Softsilk
Stardove I love the picture. and YES let's be any age we want to be :-)

I've brought some tall glasses with crushed ice and some coca cola for any who want some. a drink I consider the nectar of the gods when taken just after a very busy work period. and by george!! I've been very busy at the new b'net digs that have been designed for everyone's use. they have done an amazing job.

whew. where's my crushed coke.
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. --  Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 57  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook