Switch to Forum Live View problems with peers
6 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2008 - 7:23PM #1
Princess-Everlasting
hi i am 15 years old and will be a sophmore in high school when school begins. most people my age seem to be having the time of their life, going to parties, calling friends on the phone, getting boyfriends, etc. if you saw me you would be shocked by this i am not what most people would call a "dork" even though i like things that most people my age dont like reading and stuff. but i have severe social problems. i have not talked to anyone on the phone since i was 12, the last time i went to a party my friend didnt want to talk to me afterwards and started hanging out with her other friend who was a the party, and i have never had a real life bf. i used to have friends but they either found better friends or betrayed me. there are lots of people who compliment me but they always stay distanced from me. i dont understand what is wrong with me and before i relied more on my religion, i was thinking about commiting suicide. can someone give me some advice?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2008 - 11:16PM #2
John1992
I understand what you mean, I too am very isolated and seldom spoken to. I am different, the only Buddhist in my school and town. I enjoy many different things that people my age don't, I don't talk much, friends come and leave, I have not spoken on the phone with a friend in a very long time. The fact is that people like us are not understood, we behave differently, we believe differently, sometimes we look differently. I noticed that you are a Hindu, our religions are similar, after all my religion grew out of your religion; but we both believe in the doctrine of reincarnation correct? Well, I help myself this way: our souls choose which incarnation we are born in in order to learn, well I am the way I am because my soul has chosen to learn this way. Who or what I was previously perhaps influenced this, I am here to continue my earthly learning until it is time to depart from this earth. If I am to learn this way then I must learn to accept what I am given without wanting the situation to be any other than it is. Everything happens for a reason. We are where we are because it is meant to be, and it will usually work out better for us in the long run. Always remember that we must be loving and compassionate toward all beings no matter how bad the situation may get. I hope that I was of some help, I speak as one who has walked that path and who still walks that path. Many blessings!

Your friend,

John
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2008 - 3:57PM #3
Inspired_artist
I am the only one around like me - as far as I know and for some reason when I try to talk to people I'm usually ignored or stared at like what-the-heck-is-she-talking-about anymore. For a whole year I didn't speak at all, literally. I now think that there's not necessarily anything wrong with me or my religion or anything but that I am misunderstood by the 'majority' and most refuse to listen long enough to understand.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2008 - 4:02PM #4
Mjölner
I will try answare, but I have some linguistic problems.

When I look back in my life I can recognize my self in you.

I was the most popular guy on my streets. I steal cars, drink alot of alcohol and all that stuff. But that was´t me. So I successive stoped with everything. After that I was alone. I was frustrate, sad and broken. I was like you, ready to commiting suicide. So I start to seek for the truth.

I start with the church. But everything they tolg me sound wrong and stupid, they only try to brainwash me, so I continued to seek. At this point I find a little home for my spirit in buddhism. Later I expand my little spirit house with Tao Te Ching, the source of Taoism. Then I find a lot of knowledge in our old forefathers (vikings), native americans and New Age. Today I have mixed all of this to my own religion. All of this belief systems plus my own thought and mordern science have made me find my truth. So today I feel more powerful than "God".

Today I know. If I never had this period of my life, I had never be what I have become today. I hade been a monster.

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a mystery , Today is a gift"

You are a flower who just blooming. You are in a progress, a progress to something new. Be happy for that. Your friends will change a lot later in life. Its there they will get the real problems.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2008 - 6:56AM #5
Mjölner
Actually I believ that it is normal. You are only in change. You are in right direction. Just affirm your self, you will evolve. All the people around you have nothing to give you anyway.

Kram
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2009 - 10:12PM #6
Audrey-kathleen

At 19, I look back at my life at 15 and remember what it was like to feel left out at school. I was someone people didn't understand because they mistook my quietness for uninterest. It hurt, but like most things it didn't last forever.

I happened to struggle with social anxiety, and learned that I could live with it after I sought help from a counselor.

Anyway, learn to embrace your own uniqueness - when your peers are older they will appreciate you more when they realize that there is more to life than binge drinking and dating the homecoming queen.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook