Switch to Forum Live View reasons why im not catholic, or christian or...
6 years ago  ::  May 26, 2008 - 8:49AM #1
pentwolf1014
most of what's in the bible can be denounced. #1 the resurrection: 2000 years ago a potion (much like that of romeo and juliet) was made. it was made of mandrake root and other herbs that induced a death-like state and awoke 2-5 days later it was given to jesus in the bitter tasting drink on the cross with a sponge. #2 contradictions: the bible is full of them. in the book of leviticus it says you shall not lie with a man as thou lies with a woman and then in matthew it says he didn't condemn homosexual acts he only condemns sex before marriage. whoever made the final copy should make up their minds. #3 its been rewritten over and over again by hand and also has been translated from hebrew. the problem with that is that translated words sometimes dont mean the same thing. that means that the bible is not the same thing it was 1000 years ago and so on. #4 lack of faith. sure they're lots of "christians" that don't go to church ever since being a pagan i have celebrated every holiday and have prayed everyday. i have never been so "religious" even though i like to use the word spiritual. #5 not very open. catholics are the worse i mean the bible should,not be a rule book it should be a guide, a reflection of the religion. #6 the only true way. there are many ways to GOD no matter what u call that spiritual energy u dont have to be christian to reach it. if it were like that that u have to follow every rule in the bible noone would be in "heaven". #7 rules broken. jesus said he adds a covenant not to forget the other ones that means: no pig, shellfish, milk and meat etc. women aren't alowed to wear pants according to the bible (book of leviticus) and yet they cannot marry a gay couple but allow people to break rules that arent "important" #8 the pope. you know he was in the nazi youth: enough said #9 Gods perfect world is vegetarian. "the lion shall lie next to the lamb". eden was vegetarian, people began to sin and eat meat. says it right the bible. but people still eat meat. id like to say that jesus was a vegetarian but i cannot be entirely sure, i havent done research in that department.

and there are many other reasons but these are just a few.

blessed be
samhain foal
(enrique batista)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 26, 2008 - 5:53PM #2
Diarmuid
You sound very Gnostic here! ^ ^
As for the homosexuality, yes it does only condemn it as "sex before marraige", but the bible ALSO condemns unproductive marraiges (marraiges without producing choldren), therefore, homosexuality in Christianity is out of the question.
As for the Catholics are the worse, I would have to disagree. I have met some really kind Catholics, so that really is a generalization.
It would be more appropriate to say Fundamentalists are the worst. In ANY religion. Evangelical fundies are some of the rudest people I have ever met.

What I would advise is leave it all behind and start anew. Pondering on a religion that is not even yours anymore is not productive to your life. Focus on your life as it is, not as it was.

Best of luck to you in your studies.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 27, 2008 - 1:16PM #3
pentwolf1014
u have a point. by catholics i meant to say catholic church, the pope and all that and how they say its the only path. i also have met some really nice catholics. sorry for the misunderstanding
and best of luck to u in yours.

samhain faol* not foal
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 27, 2008 - 6:33PM #4
Diarmuid
Yeah, that can really get on anyone's nerves (saying "I'm right, you're wrong"), especially in religion. Catholics have just been in control for so long, now that they are seriously losing their grip on society, I think they are in a panic (even look at the Catholic threads in teen talk here). Then again, so many are raised believing that Hell is for those "unbelievers" like us. If I accepted that view, I would do whatever i could to "save" people as well. But I'm not, so YAY!
Their ignorance is sadenning and kind of pathetic at times, but I would be just as rude if I forced my views on them...so whatever they want to believe, I won't stop them. Though I'll bite back when attacked.
OH! I just watched mass on TV from a church just down the road from me. A new fundie church that I am always being invited to...it was one of the scariest things I have ever seen. People speaking in tongues...kay, THAT part was funny...but everything else just creeped the hell out of me. Not literally, I'm still a little blasphemor...
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook