Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2007 - 5:53PM #1
StarLight
I'm curious. Who is still in the broom closet about his or her religion, who is out, and who is somewhere in between. I would place myself in the somewhere in between category. My mom, my sister and a few friends know I am Wiccan, but the idea of telling my dad and some of my more christain fundamentalist friends is frankly terrifying. I am slowly working up to it though. Thankfully even though I go to a small christain private school, I am in a pretty decently open minded community. I think in college I am going to start fresh and just tell people if they ask, but not broadcast if they don't.
-Blessed Be-
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2007 - 5:08PM #2
arianna_avalon
I'm pretty much in between as well. My mom, three of my cousins and a few of my friends know I am Wiccan. I only tell people I trust completely. There are a lot of misconceptions out there, and I'd rather not be a victim of discrimination due to my faith. Everyone who I have told has responded pretty positively. I don't feel like I need to brodcast it either.

~*~ Goddess Bless
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 10:56PM #3
dreamer2010
I am in between. My mom sort of knows, but all she knows is that I am psychic and have been trying to explore ideas.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 1:00AM #4
atr0x
As a phlebotomist i cant do my job without people having confidence in me and because of the number of people i deal with i have to be as discrete as possible to maintain peoples confidence, even in my private life probably only 3-5 know. Discrimination isnt something i want to deal with.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 10:50PM #5
Diarmuid
I don't know about this broom closet....I have never set aside a special space for my brooms....I don't have any brooms actually...
JK, I know what you're talking about. I am not Wiccan, though, and that is a Wiccan phrase.
As for my religion. Everyone in my family and all of my friends know that I am a Gaelic Polytheist and they all accept me. The few of my friends who didn't, have been out of my life for years now. I am fully open about my views and beliefs and will never feel the need to hide my religion.
For the few who don't really "get" it, I just say "I follow an Irish religion". Leaving pagan out altogether.
I think that the biggest reason that everyone accepts me so easily may be because I am not like many neo-pagans in the sense that I do not regularly practice magic. It is not important in my religion. I trust my life to the Gods, and my family and friends can relate to this with their own faith.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 11:09PM #6
Sean
I'm out of the broom closet. I have recieved mixed reactions to telling people i'm wiccan. The worst thing is that my friends try every so often to convert me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 11:26PM #7
Diarmuid
[QUOTE=Sean;411437]I'm out of the broom closet. I have recieved mixed reactions to telling people i'm wiccan. The worst thing is that my friends try every so often to convert me.[/QUOTE]

How unfortunate...I had the same experience a while ago...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 10:50PM #8
Diarmuid
I don't know about this broom closet....I have never set aside a special space for my brooms....I don't have any brooms actually...
JK, I know what you're talking about. I am not Wiccan, though, and that is a Wiccan phrase.
As for my religion. Everyone in my family and all of my friends know that I am a Gaelic Polytheist and they all accept me. The few of my friends who didn't, have been out of my life for years now. I am fully open about my views and beliefs and will never feel the need to hide my religion.
For the few who don't really "get" it, I just say "I follow an Irish religion". Leaving pagan out altogether.
I think that the biggest reason that everyone accepts me so easily may be because I am not like many neo-pagans in the sense that I do not regularly practice magic. It is not important in my religion. I trust my life to the Gods, and my family and friends can relate to this with their own faith.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 11:09PM #9
Sean
I'm out of the broom closet. I have recieved mixed reactions to telling people i'm wiccan. The worst thing is that my friends try every so often to convert me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 11:26PM #10
Diarmuid
[QUOTE=Sean;411437]I'm out of the broom closet. I have recieved mixed reactions to telling people i'm wiccan. The worst thing is that my friends try every so often to convert me.[/QUOTE]

How unfortunate...I had the same experience a while ago...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook