Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View One Last Common Round
2 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2015 - 11:29PM #1
slu_magoo

If any of you are still out there...

Join me for one last common round.  Bnet says we have until October 31 to enjoy a last dance.  It's been a hell of a ride, hasn't it?  

For many years, this was the most happening board on Bnet.  Facebook, Twitter, and the like have made discussion boards seem like quaint novelties--or relics--for the last few years.  Today's announcement was, of course, inevitable.

I started posting here in 2000.  That means I've been a member for more than a third of my life.  My virtual friendships are too many to name.  The losses are too heartbreaking to forget.  (RIP Lee, Roseann, Badger.)  

If you're out there, check-in and say hi -- even if you haven't posted in forever.  

I'll miss the place. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 12:35PM #2
Jupiter6208

This is too bad I've been here since the beginning. I had great conversations on here and i loved talking to the various people who came through. It's sad i will miss this place very much.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2015 - 12:42PM #3
a_dancer

Add another regret: I let my regular life overwhelm me to the point I abandonned checking with my friends here.Frown

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2015 - 6:20PM #4
Dutch777

It has been fun and an educational experience here on BNet.  Hello and goodbye to all the fine, wonderful friends I've had the honor and joy of making here.  Bountiful blessings and mazel tov.  We may meet again on Facebook where I post under my legal name.

Dutch aka Richard Frederick Bautsch

The Path
To Moon
lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own
DharmaPath
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2015 - 9:27PM #5
campion

Wandered onto these formums back in the early 2000's when I was contemplating joinging the Anglican Communion.  The two parties began drifting apart through the years, but I still come over to check out insightful discussions and always discover ideas that challenges my faith.  To that, I am grateful to you all- and will miss this cummunity.....not only the ones left here today, but the older ones when this place was vibrant.

NanKazziah...whatever happened to that poster?  Slu, thanks for the last Common Round!

Wishing everyone a fond farewell.  This place will always have a tender spot in my soul.

Campion

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2015 - 9:32AM #6
MsTopaz

Hello, everyone...

I haven't been the most consistent participant but I definitely enjoyed this community and it was instrumental in my decision to become a member of TEC.

I wonder if one of us should create a FB group? It takes about 10 seconds to do and would provide a way to keep the community going.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2015 - 12:35PM #7
Jupiter6208
Not a bad idea.
"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2015 - 11:32PM #8
slu_magoo

Great to see everybody!  

Bob, are you lurking?  Stop by and say hi.  

Jupiter -- You're awesomely level-headed.  It's always great to read your posts.

Dutch -- You know I think the world of you.  I'll catch you on Facebook.  I created an account recently.  Maybe I can remember how to sign-in.

Campion -- I remember you!  I'm hoping dear Nan is a-ok.  She hasn't stopped by in a long time, but maybe she or one of her Facebook friends will stop by in the coming days/weeks.

MsTopaz -- Many of the board regulars migrated to Facebook a few years ago.  Until recently, I haven't been a FB user, so I'm sort of out-of-the-know.  Maybe someone in-the-know will post or shoot you a private message.

I'm going to start working on a history of our board soon.  It's hard to remember names from 15+ years ago--especially with the first and second iterations of the board no longer existing--but I'm going to take a stab at it before Oct. 31.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2015 - 12:56PM #9
Stumbler

I've been a relative latecomer to this place, but it's been a good experience. The site itself has always been a little twitchy in terms of whether it's going to work on any given occasion, but I've enjoyed my time here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2015 - 8:14PM #10
mpt

I am amazed to see this community still going!  My husband, Fred Tarrant, started the first Common Round as the result of a typo!  He meant to start a thread called Common Ground, but left off the G.  The group took it from there, as, after all, a Common Round among Episcopalians seemed only proper!

I, like so many here, have not been active for years--kids, moving, going back to school, working--all pulled me in other directions, though I have popped in from time to time over the years. 

I'm sorry to see Beliefnet closing this down; but then again, I am amazed it has lasted so long! 

May peace be with you all, those I knew, and those I didn't.

Melissa

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook