Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View One Last Common Round
2 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2015 - 12:08PM #11
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Goodbye to everyone, I guess. It won't be long now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 11:51PM #12
slu_magoo

I had hoped to have the time to write a lengthy post about the board's beginnings and evolution over the years.  That was not to be.

So on a more personal note, my own memories of this board are wrapped up in so many great people who frequented this board.  I can't name them all, but I want to name a few.  First, when I arrived on the board, I found an active one-year old community of enthusiastic folks who were incredibly welcoming.  Melissa, Fred, Nan, Tantris, Martha, RadicalFeministPoet, John in St Louis, Courtney -- I miss reading your posts and hope life is good for you.  I soon became acquainted with several others who arrived around the same time I did (2000-2001).  Those include Dutch, Dan, Julie-Ann, Phlipside, Bob, Bro John, Janine, Campion, Stumbler, MsTopaz, Kim, Shel, LitanyoftheSaints, Grant, and so many others.  I miss reading their posts and hope life is good for them.  Later generations of Bnetters have enhanced our conversations and kept the board going.  I will miss reading their contributions.

We've had seminarians, priests, deacons, sinners, saints.  We've lost too many of our friends.  I remember having conversations with Roseann and Lee days before they passed away.  I miss them.  Melanga, if you're out there, know that I still have, use, and treasure the beautiful rosary that you sent me.

This internet thing is funny, isn't it?  I don't know any of you personally, but I feel like I know so many of you.  My personal theology has been shaped in part by these conversations.  For a decade, I didn't miss a week logging in to this site.  Things change, of course, and that's where we are now.

Farewell to all of you.  Stay well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 8:27AM #13
Jupiter6208

Goodbye everyone! will miss all of you and this forum.

God bless you all.

youtu.be/HMqXdrUjEe8?t=2m59s Happy trials

Jupiter6208

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook