Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
3 years ago  ::  May 28, 2014 - 11:41AM #11
Freestyle

May 28, 2014 -- 1:36AM, XingYi wrote:

I. . . There are no words.

Don't worry.  There are Taoists in China to this day.  Besides, you don't have to practice Taoism by the book.  Taoism is a freeform religion that has different meanings to different people.  Of course, you may worship any thane(s) (or deities) you choose.  You do not have to worship all of them, for all thanes are embodiments of the Tao, into which is a nickname for God.  It is recommended that you read the Laozi (or Tao Te Ching) on a daily or weekly basis.

Besides, I think you mean "I. . . never mind!" in Western terminology.  I understand.

Thank you, and blessed be.

Mew Xacata

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2014 - 11:01AM #12
Freestyle

I have been doing a research project on the New Age movement for 13 years and have come to a conclusion -- and a point.  "The religion one practices must be a guide, not a life."

I will see about having this statement posted in the New Age forum.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2015 - 12:11AM #13
Ravenmew

Taoism as we know of it is both a pantheon and a religion into which is nontheistic because only one is worshipped, and that is Lady Gaia, Thane of Nature.  All others are under Her authority.  It was founded by accident by Zelda Pendragon as a joke.  The Tao Te Ching is really the Laozi.  The religion synchronized with Chinese philosophy, hence its resemblance.  As Dr. Wayne Dyer once pointed out, "Lao-tzu would be shocked to hear that his works became the basis of a religion.

Don't believe me?  Remember the resemblance between the fictious Titan and the real-life Titanic?  That's synchronicity.  Taoism is the same way, for Zelda synchronized with the Chinese philosophers at that time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2015 - 8:59PM #14
Ravenmew

My problem is various Christians wearing the yin-yang symbol of Taoism with no clue what it stands for.  Some suggest it's Buddhist while others would instate it represents the balance between good and evil.  In reality,  the yin-yang represents the paradox of divinity, that being the most extreme of one side bearing the resemblance of its opposite.  For example, I am the most extreme male which makes me feminine.  My wife Kiki is the most extreme female which makes her masculine.  This adultery of Taoism made me murderous!

Why was I angry? Because I am a Taoist and the symbol means so much to me.  Now I am in the process of forgiving these Christians for fooling with Taoism, especially when they once said it was Chinese.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook