Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Circuit Court Rules on Diocese of Quincy
3 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2015 - 9:38PM #11
AnglicanFirst

RJ, I think "the long run" is here.  For example, the Fort Worth case was taken to the Texas Supreme Court, which ruled that Judge Chupp had erred and needed to reconsider.  He dutifully ruled in favor of Iker.  TEC doesn't recognize that "the long run" is here and will appeal and will be turned down again.  I believe every case has been decisively disposed of, although TEC will continue to waste money better spend elsewhere in appeal.

I do feel sorry for those who were so absolutely convinced TEC would win that they bet there future on it.  For example, there is a Canon in the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth (TEC) whose sole duty was to plan the transition to TEC control of the property, not an insignificant chore since TEC had excommunicated Bishop Iker and all the priests in the diocese, all needing replacement!

Thank goodness it's over!

Grant

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2015 - 9:50PM #12
AnglicanFirst

Here is an admittedly biased report, but it tells how very badly TEC lost in the Quincy case.

www.virtueonline.org/illinois-court-smac...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook