10 months ago  ::  Jun 28, 2013 - 10:28AM #1
Do_unto_others

Gee, just this week, the SC(R)OTUS handed TWO big equal marriage 'wins' and there's not a single thread about it in the 'Marriage' Forum.

THIS is what we mean by willful marginalization of gay people.

Moderated by Merope on Jul 01, 2013 - 11:51AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 months ago  ::  Jul 01, 2013 - 2:51PM #2
REteach

Frankly, DUO, I think it is a good thing.  IMO, the lack of discussion means that gay marriage is becoming too normal to warrant a debate. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 months ago  ::  Jul 08, 2013 - 8:17PM #3
ArnieBeeGut

Do_unto_others,
What about same-sex marriage would you like to see discussed? You are certainly welcome to start a thread on a topic that interests you.
As REteach said, perhaps it's become a dog-bites-man issue (although I rather doubt it, given the kind of vitriolic things on both sides I read online).
My personal experience is that gays and lesbians in committed relationships (including marriage) experience pretty much the same challenges that heterosexual couples face. I believe that learning to effectively communicate with each other - including becoming a better listener - is the key in all relationships.
To be clear, however, this forum is not one for debating the merits of same-sex marriage.

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 months ago  ::  Jul 14, 2013 - 5:07PM #4
Anesis

((ARINIE))!!! How goes it? Wow, it's been a few years, eh?

Gay marriage has been legal where I live for a long time....not news anymore. My gay cousin is getting married this summer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 months ago  ::  Jul 16, 2013 - 1:02AM #5
ArnieBeeGut

(((Anesis))) Great to "see" you!

Been busy up til last week, when the sequester kicked in. Frown

So married life been good to ya?

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 months ago  ::  Jul 16, 2013 - 2:52PM #6
Anesis

Sequester? Are you on jury duty?

Married life is amazing! I have quickly learned that some of my previous assumptions about marriage were off. If there is one bit of advice that I can say will improve marital quality for anyone is mutual humility and a soft heart. If both are committed to this, it creates a safe environment for the other do do this.

I absolutely love my husband!

I hope your family is also well.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook