1 year ago  ::  Jun 28, 2013 - 10:28AM #1
Do_unto_others

Gee, just this week, the SC(R)OTUS handed TWO big equal marriage 'wins' and there's not a single thread about it in the 'Marriage' Forum.

THIS is what we mean by willful marginalization of gay people.

Moderated by Merope on Jul 01, 2013 - 11:51AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jul 01, 2013 - 2:51PM #2
REteach

Frankly, DUO, I think it is a good thing.  IMO, the lack of discussion means that gay marriage is becoming too normal to warrant a debate. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jul 08, 2013 - 8:17PM #3
ArnieBeeGut

Do_unto_others,
What about same-sex marriage would you like to see discussed? You are certainly welcome to start a thread on a topic that interests you.
As REteach said, perhaps it's become a dog-bites-man issue (although I rather doubt it, given the kind of vitriolic things on both sides I read online).
My personal experience is that gays and lesbians in committed relationships (including marriage) experience pretty much the same challenges that heterosexual couples face. I believe that learning to effectively communicate with each other - including becoming a better listener - is the key in all relationships.
To be clear, however, this forum is not one for debating the merits of same-sex marriage.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jul 14, 2013 - 5:07PM #4
Anesis

((ARINIE))!!! How goes it? Wow, it's been a few years, eh?

Gay marriage has been legal where I live for a long time....not news anymore. My gay cousin is getting married this summer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jul 16, 2013 - 1:02AM #5
ArnieBeeGut

(((Anesis))) Great to "see" you!

Been busy up til last week, when the sequester kicked in. Frown

So married life been good to ya?

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jul 16, 2013 - 2:52PM #6
Anesis

Sequester? Are you on jury duty?

Married life is amazing! I have quickly learned that some of my previous assumptions about marriage were off. If there is one bit of advice that I can say will improve marital quality for anyone is mutual humility and a soft heart. If both are committed to this, it creates a safe environment for the other do do this.

I absolutely love my husband!

I hope your family is also well.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook