Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View The State's Business???
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2013 - 8:58AM #31
Aka_me

May 24, 2013 -- 5:27AM, Father_Oblivion wrote:

One wonders during the divorce negotiations, what benefit was given in exchange for this being put in, such as having partial custody at all?

uhhh, what if both parties thought the benefit was for the children, each spouse probably thought the other was going to because a hotel room.

my impression is... "at the time of divorce" the husband was still thinking the wife is straight.

NOTHING about this issue contains a relevant connection to same sex marriage,

except for how this issue should be carried to the state supreme court to argue FOR same sex marriage because CLEARLY the civil liberty of getting marriage as means of complying with the morality clause is being denied here.

the only time it's perfectly legal to shoot unarmed black people is when you have cops to plant evidence for you... turning justice into a sham.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2013 - 9:00AM #32
DotNotInOz

Have the same suspicion I do, IWAM, since you're a Texan? If it were the father and girlfriend, why a man's got needs yanno. ::: wink, wink ::: And all the good ol' boys might quietly look the other way.

But these wimmin are just sick and evil, no place for innocent little girls to be living. If Price and Compton decide to take it to the courts, there's a very good chance Compton will end up with no custody and perhaps limited visitation, maybe only supervised visitation. 

Much indeed will rest upon how SCOTUS rules on SSM.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2013 - 12:03PM #33
Erey

I do think the law or judges are harsher on women about this kind of thing than men.  Not a lesbian/straight issue but often society in general is more flexible about how a man has a sexual partner than how a woman conducts that part of her life.  Throw minor children into the mix and that increases.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2013 - 4:17PM #34
Aka_me

May 24, 2013 -- 12:03PM, Erey wrote:

I do think the law or judges are harsher on women about this kind of thing than men.  Not a lesbian/straight issue but often society in general is more flexible about how a man has a sexual partner than how a woman conducts that part of her life.  Throw minor children into the mix and that increases.

judges don't have room for personal opinion, to be more or less harsh on any party.

if an ex-wife files a complaint, and evidence is accepted into court, then the contract is enforced.

the only time it's perfectly legal to shoot unarmed black people is when you have cops to plant evidence for you... turning justice into a sham.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2013 - 5:52PM #35
Ebon

May 24, 2013 -- 9:00AM, DotNotInOz wrote:

Have the same suspicion I do, IWAM, since you're a Texan? If it were the father and girlfriend, why a man's got needs yanno. ::: wink, wink ::: And all the good ol' boys might quietly look the other way.

I think that's true. While the actual differences between men's and women's sex drives are a lot less substantial than people believe (and if you deindividuate them, women might actually be the more sexually ambitous sex), there is a huge difference in the way our culture treats the sex drives of men and women.

I can trot out fistfuls of research here that shows that women are just as indiscriminatly horny, just as visually stimulated and just as sexually driven as men (albeit less likely to follow through on the impulse for a wide variety of reasons) but the way our culture looks at men and women's sexuality is very different. Our culture generally applauds men who are sexually adventurous, sexually promiscuous and ready to go at all times. That's not universal, of course, but in general terms, such men are spoken of approvingly by their peer groups and male confidants. Words like "stud", "playboy", etc. But think of the words used to describe a woman who conducts herself in the same way: "Slut", "whore", "slag", etc. We make women ashamed to excercise their natural urges. Hell, we even make buy tools to satisfy themselves an act of shame.

I turned 37 a couple of days ago. In the time between puberty and becoming involved with Kat a little under twelve years ago, I had somewhere between twenty-five and thirty partners, mostly women but with a few men mixed in there as well. I'm not the slightest bit ashamed of that (as you can tell from my openness about it). If you're wondering why there's a range specified there, it's because I was too drunk or high at the time to remember if the act actually took place or not (and that, I am somewhat ashamed of). What would most men (not all, granted, but most) call me for that? And then what would they call my friend (and sometime lover), Karen, who has a similar history? There's that double standard. And yet, what did either of us do wrong? Neither of us deceived anybody, we were both entirely upfront with what we were offering and expecting. Sometimes, sex is a way to cement a great romance or express a deep love but sometimes, it can be just as simple as two people passing time together in an enjoyable way and there's nothing wrong with that. I realise I sound like a hippy preaching free love (and I was too late for the hippies, I was a punk) but, as long as everyone involved is honest about where they stand and what they expect, I see no reason anyone should be ashamed of satisfying their natural urges.

As far as I can tell, there was no obligation for the judge to enforce the morality cause in this case. If I'm right about that (and I'm open to correction), would he have chosen to enforce that clause if the guy had taken a lover? I doubt it.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2013 - 10:19PM #36
Stardove

Being a native Texan I have seen some really bad divorces going down with friends.  In our county there is a good ole boy network, and they will always have the judge on their side. 

It's a sad thing to come to realize sometimes there is no justice.  One friend got her divorce after five long years and moved out of state to get away from the man who sexually abused her children.  Both the family court and the criminal system/court let her and the children down.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jun 01, 2013 - 1:01AM #37
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement