Page 23 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
Switch to Forum Live View "Is Wife-Beating Something that Women Worry About?"
1 year ago  ::  Apr 15, 2013 - 4:52PM #221
mainecaptain

Apr 15, 2013 -- 9:59AM, Iwantamotto wrote:

mainecaptain:  Domestic abuse is more compilcated and involved than just beating. This is the confusion. As I stated many, most abusers are con men, That takes being sober and clear headed. It is an insidious taking over of another persons life. Not just hitting.

That makes sense.  My father is one of those "good ol' boy" types and now even though my brother and I used to run to our maternal grandparents' house at night, my grandfather claims he didn't know it was "that bad" years ago.  Huh.  Anyway, while my uncle was a mean-ass drunk, my father was the exact opposite.  He, like I kinda do, just fell asleep or something.  He was much calmer when boozed up.  It was when he sobered up that was the problem.

I am sorry you had to go through that. And thank you for understanding my point

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 16, 2013 - 1:17AM #222
MattMbelieves

Not trying to disocunt anyone who was abused by someone who didn't abuse drugs but there has also been a link between concussions and violence.  Steroids and violence.  I had a roomate in college who was a 6'4 240 lb linebacker.  Nicest guy in the world sober... but he had one to many concussions and when he drank he would get into fights.   CNN was for awhile running stories linking concussions in football players and later acts of violence. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 23, 2013 - 11:01AM #223
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
13 months ago  ::  Apr 25, 2013 - 3:48PM #224
rideronthastorm

Well Ive got dislexia and Bipolar and I worry about this stuff because so many men are attracted to me, ive ehard stuff like I ought to watch out fo serial killers but I know the wifebeater is attracted to me too because I dont figure stuff out well cant tell whos good and whos bad all the time am more vunerable to the wifebeaters.

The wifebeater sometimes comes off as well grounded and stable, I tend to be a flake Im attracted to stable well grounded man because I think mayb ehe can handle me better then other men when i really need to learn to stabiliize my own life without a man.

But sure looking a stable well grounded with 2 feet in the ground type of guy who has  astabilizing influence over me can be very tempting and definitly be the wifebeater so.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 23 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook