Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Is Taoism Transtheistic?
5 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2013 - 6:34PM #1
TransJ

I am a transtheist but from a western point of view, that is out of Stoicism.  However what little I have read about Taoism it seems to be transtheistic, if so I am interested in its form of transtheism.  I would be grateful for any help you can give me on this subject.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2013 - 5:15PM #2
TransJ

Okay, I have been doing some more reading. So, the Tao is not a god of any kind but if gods do exist than they are under the control of the Tao. I would say that Taoism is transtheistic in that the Tao is not conceived theistically but divine beings are acceptable realities, so it is not atheistic. Transtheism is a system of thought which is neither theisic, nor atheistic, but is beyond them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2014 - 11:49AM #3
Freestyle

Taoism is not "transtheistic."  Instead, it is monotheist wtih Gaia -- a mother "goddess -- as a Higher Power.  Any other god other than Gaia is humiliated.  If you are interested in Taoism and would like to be Taoist, you must be gifted and talented.  In my opinion, being "transtheistic" is considered gifted and talented, which in turn makes you Taoist.

I hope this will help.

Mew Xacata

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook