Switch to Forum Live View Yet Another Reason to Support Marriage Equality
1 year ago  ::  Mar 12, 2013 - 1:59PM #1
Do_unto_others
"Same-Sex Marriage Linked to Longer Lives

From the article: "Since the advent of same-sex marriage in Denmark, married gay men and women have seen their death rates drop, a new study finds.

The research fits well with other studies that have linked health and marriage among opposite-sex couples. Men in same-sex couples now have lower mortality rates than unmarried or divorced men, with only men in opposite-sex marriages living longer.

"Among men in Denmark, it is more dangerous to be unmarried or divorced than to be married to another man," said study researcher Martin Frisch of the Statens Serum Institute in Copenhagen and the Center for Sexology Research of Aalborg University."

More at the link: news.yahoo.com/same-sex-marriage-linked-...

Sure disputes the lie we hear so often from the frightwing that gay marriage = "anything goes" & 'leads to' "disease" and "early death."

Discuss.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Mar 12, 2013 - 3:13PM #2
TemplarS

Makes sense to me.  I think if you're in a committed monogamous relationship of any kind you're more apt to look out for each other's health (I sure know my wife takes better care of me than I would myself- then again, she's a nurse). 

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Mar 12, 2013 - 5:24PM #3
Erey

I agree

Also better parenting I think for children of homosexual parents. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook