2 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2012 - 6:48PM #1
rideronthastorm
I think that in response to the trhead about women submitting and Id like to brign a new topic up about it the book, if women want to be not thought os as naturally inferior to men then maybe they should not be making books like 50 Shades Of Grey the number 1 romance novel for women in America. It deals with kink but the kinky community hates it the man who is the dominant is abusive and messed up it makes women look like we cling to abusive men and want to be inferior.

The reality of the BDSM community is that there are both dominant women and men there and submissive women and men in reala life but the book makes it look romantic to be baused. Ive read the first 200 pages so Im still reading it I like it but it is messed up and so Im conflicted about it 
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2013 - 8:40PM #2
Estacia

I have not read the book and I do not plan on it due to myself being badly abused. I am still dealing w. feeling and flashback from being abused by my first husband at a very young age even though that was 16 years ago. I would say that book is not for me :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2013 - 8:53PM #3
rideronthastorm

I agree and I dont know if Im gonna make it through the rest of it. What does it say about American women glorifying an abusive man being abusive to a woman?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2013 - 6:00PM #4
Estacia

Hun, If YOU cannot handle that book. Put it down and walk away from it, atleast for now.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook