Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View The New Age Movement
5 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2012 - 11:54AM #1
Freestyle
In 1996, I have read a Christian article about the New Age movement and suddenly realized that it was Taoist fundamentalism.  As a Taoist, I know that the Taoist religion is both Celtic and Chinese -- and what a paradox.  But nonetheless, I disgress.  The reason why the New Age is a smorgasbord of a variety of religious and spiritual practices is because they secretly interpret the Laozi (Tao Te Ching) literally.  Unlike the Christian fundamentalists who scream their lungs off their version of the Bible and like the Islamic fundamentalist who put the Koran in such practice, Taoist fundamentalism takes on the form of a cafeteria.  For sixteen years I have done research on the New Age and each and every piece of information confirmed my theory.  We have to remember that the New Age is not the way of Taoism, especially when regarding the Neopagans, into who deny the Celtic relations with the Chinese.  Lao-tzu was brought to the Celtic highlads as a child and would write his journal in Chinese while speaking in Gaelic.  But if you feel uncomfortable about what I have written, I apologize.  I consider Taoism to be a Celtic religion (and the last of the Celts) and I have the yin-yang in my heart.  I feel like I am going to cry because many of you may say that thee Celts had no relation to the Chinese.  In the name of Ming Shang Zelda, SO BE IT!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2012 - 11:24PM #2
TransJ

I feel like I am going to cry because many of you may say that thee Celts had no relation to the Chinese. In the name of Ming Shang Zelda, SO BE IT!

Okay Freestyle I am not sure what you are talking about. I have tried to look up this Ming Shang Zelda for back ground information but nothing. Are you making this stuff up? Other than the Zelda game.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2012 - 9:34PM #3
TransJ

Well Freestyle, I find it hard to accept what you say as a fact of history without supporting evidence. I’m not saying you are wrong, just not very convincing. Since you are talking about objective facts but I have no way of reading about them.  However if you would like to talk about Taoism, I am willing. So does this western Taoism believe in chi the same as the eastern type?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2014 - 11:18AM #4
Freestyle

Look up the information under "Taoism Revisited in this community forum.  The religion was named after the genius children headed by the real Morgan LaFey (Mulan) into whom were known as "Taoists" because of their devotion to the Tao Te Ching.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook